Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com
February 14, 2012
Tesla’s first car, the Roadster had to bow out last year due to Lotus choosing to end production of its own Elise and Exige sports cars, which the Roadster was based on. Since then, Tesla has promised a sequel to the Roadster, but it might be a long wait.
Inside Line spoke with Tesla Chairman and CEO Elon Musk about the next Roadster. Musk said he's decided to hold up on a replacement roadster for now. The reason isn’t technical, but business. Musk said the company is going to put their focus on launching the "Gen 3" electric car, a smaller, less-expensive EV for the mass market. Musk says he hopes to have the “Gen 3” out sometime in 2015.
Source: Inside Line