While Infiniti will be selling the Q30 hatchback and QX30 crossover as separate models around the world, the Japanese luxury marque has decided to roll the Q30 into the QX30 lineup for the U.S. Since the two models are almost identical (the QX30 has a higher ground clearance and body cladding), Infiniti has decided to make the two models as one to eliminate confusion.
Here is how the QX30 lineup will look like when they hit dealers sometime in the middle of next year.
- QX30 & QX30S: Formally known as the Q30, these two models will only come with front-wheel drive. S models get a lower ride height, 19-inch wheels, unique suspension tuning, and different fascias for the front and rear.
- QX30 AWD: Features higher ground clearance, body cladding, and all-wheel drive.
Press Release is on Page 2
Infiniti announces QX30 line-up in the Americas
- Infiniti QX30 Premium Crossover set to go on sale in mid-2016
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Infiniti today announced the line-up of its all-new QX30 premium active crossover for the United States and Canada.
While sharing basic exterior and interior designs, the QX30 line will be offered in three unique versions, each with its own front and rear fascia, wheel design and interior themes:
- QX30: The crossover’s highly sculpted exterior, unique stance and asymmetric cabin design exemplify Infiniti’s design-led approach to product development. This version is sold in Europe and other regions outside of the Americas under the Q30 name. In the Americas, this model will be front-wheel drive.
- QX30S: With a lower stance, aggressive front and rear fascia, cross-drilled front brake rotors, 19-inch wheels and performance tires, the QX30S is the sports version of Infiniti’s new premium compact line. It was shown at this year’s Los Angeles Auto Show and is sold in other markets as the Q30S.
- QX30 AWD: With an intelligent all-wheel drive system, slightly higher ride height and off-road inspired front and rear valence panels, the vehicle is able to take on urban, suburban and winding rural roads in all driving conditions. The QX30 AWD debuted at the Los Angeles Auto Show as the QX30.
The QX30 line for the U.S. and Canada is powered by a 208-horsepower, 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder mated to a 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission, and it is scheduled to go on sale at Infiniti retailers in the United States and Canada in mid-2016 and in Mexico and Latin America in the second half of 2016.
Infiniti has revealed an aggressive new product portfolio expansion based on a series of acclaimed concept cars that had been introduced in the last two years, including the Infiniti Q60 Concept. The production version of the 2017 Infiniti Q60 sport coupe makes its world debut January 11, 2016 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.