GMInsidenews revitalization plan

Cananopie

Of course nothing this good would happen but I did enjoy some of the chops found on this site, in particular the boat tail Velite they chopped. If they made a vehicle that looked like that for Buick it'd put the Corvette to shame (so obviously they won't do it)... but that would be one beautiful vehicle.

Here is the link:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/revitalization/

I found out about it via an Edmunds article that is roughly 2 weeks old but I did not notice anything on here about it and thought I'd share. It's cute how the article points out their severe bias in their "What this means to you" section which exclaims: "At least somebody is still excited about Buick."

Jerks.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=115997

have to agree, those do look great!

the roadmaster and lacrosse, look the best, and most likely.

the wildcat... would rather have something more like the velite, since it didn't say anyof them were convertibles...

the gransport looks good, but ...would gm ever give the corvette body to anyone else? (is the xlr sigma or not?)

Guest YellowJacket894

Bah! Did GMI just now hear about the Underground?

And, to be honest, I really don't see an attractive design among any of their dream cars. The Roadmaster coupe is...ah, alright. But everything else gets a well deserved thumbs-down.

:thumbsdown:

the gransport looks good, but ...would gm ever give the corvette body to anyone else?  (is the xlr sigma or not?)

169262[/snapback]

The XLR is on the Y-body along with the Corvette.

I saw this when I was poking around GMI. The Roadmaster is nice, but it looked a tad bit puffy to me.

Edited by DetroitNut90

The XLR is on the Y-body along with the Corvette.

I saw this when I was poking around GMI. The Roadmaster is nice, but it looked a tad bit puffy to me.

169280[/snapback]

ah, thanks for letting me know the xlr is on Y.

these do have a kind of "300 bigness" to them, is that kind of what you meant by puffy? or can you be more specific?

ah, thanks for letting me know the xlr is on Y.

these do have a kind of "300 bigness" to them,  is that kind of what you meant by puffy?  or can you be more specific?

169308[/snapback]

Yeah, I probably should have been more specific. The car is great overall-big, bold, classy. I wouldn't object at all if Buick brought this to market. What I should have said was the rear looks a little puffy. It the rear-door bulge was raised up a little bit to blend in with the deck, I think that would take care of any puffiness.

I find the Roadmaster way too Cadillac... because of the Sixteen, however if Buick COULD pull off having a window open like that and it still be allowed by laws that would sell in a heartbeat.

I personally like the Wildcat. THAT would get people looking at Buick no matter what they sold, and it's a good adaptation of the Boat tail of the old Rivs and the Velite which is unique and Buick in itself. GM would be amazing for making that. I'd buy it no matter how much it cost. I'd find a way.