Saturn's new mid-size sedan adds Aura to the brand

http://www.ancasternews.com/an/news/news_607347.html

Styling is very Germanic with a hint of Audi A4 in the sweep of the front wheel well over the tire and the roofline that flows backward in a semi-circle into a very short rear deck with next to no rear overhang of the body. While 17-inch wheels are standard, the top XR model has 18-inch alloys that really fill up the wheel wells in the same fashion as BMW and Audi.

Aura is a whole new step up the ladder for Saturn. It has a premium car look and stance to it and includes the interior where Saturn is determined to use the best materials in its segment.

Its Germanic DNA is shown in the liberal use of low gloss dark trim punctuated by two-tone colour combinations along the dash and in the seats plus some chrome trim. The XR model I drove had two shades of caramel and mid-brown leather that is optional. The instrument panel gauges are LEDs with red-amber lighting at startup. The interior also features, to name a few amenities, power adjustable pedals, steering wheel auto controls and a four-panel sliding panoramic roof.

Because the media ride-and-drive has not been held at the time of this writing, driving impressions are embargoed until August 7.

What I can tell you from an up-close look is, if you like the look, feel and ride of an Audi A4, you will love the Aura XR.

Ya, I guess it has a German esthetic, dna if you will, since it looks so much like the Chrysler Sebring who's parent company is German.

The showcar was so special...hot looking. But they have watered it down in production mode. The thing about the Aura that is inspired is that finally Saturn is getting some good looking cars after years of hideous.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by HarleyEarl

What I can tell you from an up-close look is, if you like the look, feel and ride of an Audi A4, you will love the Aura XR.

The 2007 Aura will come in three versions. One is a hybrid, one is a family sedan and the other is a no-nonsense European sports sedan that can, and does, hold its own on the racetracks in Europe against Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz.

I don't know how credible 'Jim Robinson' is, but :thumbsup: nonetheless.

Just wait for the Red Line version, Jimbo.

The Aura is so much better looking than the Sebring it's funny the comparison is even being made.

I highly doubt that the Aura holds its own against a BMW, but if it is even close, that should make it one of the best-handling family sedans out there.

Ya, I guess it has a German esthetic, dna if you will, since it looks so much like the Chrysler Sebring who's parent company is German.

The showcar was so special...hot looking.  But they have watered it down in production mode.  The thing about the Aura that is inspired is that finally Saturn is getting some good looking cars after years of hideous. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

169868[/snapback]

Oh yeah... sure... I think C&G has already beaten this argument to death... :banghead:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...topic=8836&st=0