Leaving for Maui on Thursday

Nick

Hey guys, On thursday I'm leaving with the family and one of my friends to Maui. We are staying at Napili. My family has been there a couple times before, and I've been once before when I was a lot younger. I don't remember too much from it. My buddy is excited because he hasn't been there before, and he loves fish so he is planning on snorkeling and scuba/snuba diving and just hanging out in the water for the most part.

Does anyone know of any activities to do around there? Like in the Ka'anapali area or Lahaina or wherever? There will always be the snorkeling/diving options, but I was also thinking maybe parasailing, or personal watercraft rentals or just something a bit more exciting. As well as stuff to do in the towns and places to go. I guess my best bet is to just go and explore. It's been quite a while, and at the time I couldn't do much on my own as I was pretty young.

Thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has any ideas.:D

Thanks,

-Nick

In "downtown" Maui, you have to check out the "Maui Monkey" store. The lady in there is a bit touched...

Honestly, Oahu is where the life is at...I was quite bored in Maui, though I hear there is a volcano to hike up and stuff...

Never been to Hawaii and I grew up in L.A. Go figure! One of these days. I keep going the other way...to FL...or ALL the way across the pond to Europe.

Have fun and don't do anything foolish!

Oahu is very nice, tho it's not terribly different that any other upscale shore resort as far as attractions. I went some years ago, spent 5 days on Oahu on Waikiki, toured, Diamond Head, flight over the Big Island and all that, but much preferred the next 5 days in Maui. Maybe the 4-star hotel was part of that, tho. Drive the perimeter, but watch for the 200-foot deep potholes...

BTW- you could 'hike the volcano' on Maui, tho I hope you're in shape: Haleakala is over 10,000 feet to the top. They do offer this free 'road' deal instead....

Shenene Wilson? I thought she was still in South Philly.

Back on topic... hmmm... you and your buddy could find a nice secluded cove and... uh, let nature take its course. An all-over tan would be cool.

*snaps out of it*

Have fun, Nick, and take plenty of pics to post when you get back.

Shenene Wilson?  I thought she was still in South Philly.

Back on topic... hmmm... you and your buddy could find a nice secluded cove and... uh, let nature take its course.  An all-over tan would be cool.

173792[/snapback]

Shenene...ooh, lordy, I heard that...walk on, child! :lol:

Ocn, don't be talking about coves and $h!, Nick's not like that. Sheez.

Yeah, CB, I don't expect that he is, but you know I gotta put my own spin on stuff. My "snap out of it" line was supposed to compartmentalize my own fantasies and segue into my more serious last sentence. It's a pretty complicated post, all in all, and typical of my online character. Forward and back, forward and back... :AH-HA_wink: :bs: