DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETROIT (is Hockeytown)

Looks like the Dominator (Mr. Hasek) is back with the Wings for the '06-07 season.. Along with Williams who inked a new contract not too long ago.

Question is, who will be wearing a C on their chest this year? Yzerman's gone, but that's okay because we still have some great leaders on the team, plus Stevie Y was missing a lot of games it seemed like. He'll be greatly missed from the game, though he'll probably be back in the office soon enough.

I'm actually excited that Shanahan won't be around because he was only firepower and not much else. He was up there in age and not at the level where Detroit should be these days. Looks like we're trying to develop a younger team now with more speed with guys like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Williams, and others.

Who else can't wait to see the Wings kick some Oilers and 'Canes ass?! I hate the Hurricanes' asshole owner. :)

Yeah, but the Pistons lost Wallace to a division rival, the Lions may end up being the worst football team ever and I have a feeling the Tigers are going to either falter in August or September because the team is young and inexperienced, pennant-race wise, other than the ageless (and useless) Pudge and that guy who beats up cameramen. And hockey season is months away.

Yeah, we'll see about the Pistons.. I don't follow them.

Lions, who cares? I don't follow them either.

And Tigers? They're doing effing awesome.. they have been all year. IDK though because, well, you guessed it.. I don't follow them either.

But what I do follow.. the Wings.. they're on in 2 months. :)

You mean.. a hitter?

174056[/snapback]

A puncher :lol:...

Thats one thing I dont like about this new nhl....

Bettman is trying to 'sissify' it..

Toronto Maple Leaf hockey will never be the same without Domi either....stupid team bought him out..

It's just not going to be the same, that guy did some crazy and funny stuff over the years.

Common...you cant tell me you dont miss probert on detroit :lol:

Nah, can't say I miss Probert.. or Ciccarrelli.. or Kocur.. I think I was 5 when they were on the team haha.

Domi was crazy. Probably one of the last of his type around. McCarty was crazy, but not anymore, same with Shanahan. Ehh, whatever. I love watching the big saves, random breakaways (Zetterberg/Williams), and sweet ass moves (Datsyuk). Love our team how it is..

Why do you dislike him? I only do because I'm a hugeDetroit fan.

He said, back in '02 when we beat them for the Stanley Cup, that he wanted to buy out the Red Wings just to wipe them out of the league. Then he said something else that was quite trashy again, but I don't remember what that one was.. My dad heard it and relayed the message to me.

Actually, my dad wanted the 'Canes to win it this year when it came down to Oilers vs. Hurricanes, but after I told him about what they said in '02 and what he said about a game or so into that series, he turned sides to the Oilers, too.

Karmanos bought the Whalers in 1994, with a commitment to keep the team in Hartford. By 1997, they were the Hurricanes.

Gary Bettman's whole trend of screwing over established hockey towns to move south has been a really sleazy endeavor. In fact, the trend in all sports for billionaire owners to ask their city to pay for a new arena, then ditch them when the city declines is pretty despicable.

Nah, can't say I miss Probert.. or Ciccarrelli.. or Kocur.. I think I was 5 when they were on the team haha.

Domi was crazy. Probably one of the last of his type around. McCarty was crazy, but not anymore, same with Shanahan. Ehh, whatever. I love watching the big saves, random breakaways (Zetterberg/Williams), and sweet ass moves (Datsyuk). Love our team how it is..

174112[/snapback]

Ahh I see you know your stuff :)

Bah, i'm going to miss all of those guys...

no one has that killer instinct anymore.

And dont foorget, Domi is practically cut proof (even though Mcgraton cut open his beak last year).

A few years from now, they should have a domi-ray or domi-brashear classic or something :lol:

haha Yeah but the best was when Detroit and Colorado brawled in '97. Patrick Roy came skating up to go and Shanahan knocked his ass right over.. then Vernon came and fought him. Oh man. Best game ever. And McCarty kicked Claude Lemieux's ass! Ahh!

haha Yeah but the best was when Detroit and Colorado brawled in '97. Patrick Roy came skating up to go and Shanahan knocked his ass right over.. then Vernon came and fought him. Oh man. Best game ever. And McCarty kicked Claude Lemieux's ass! Ahh!

174777[/snapback]

Hahaha, memories...

Roy and Hextall were the type of goalies that you'd be scared of, not Belfour the slasher, though he is funny to watch.

Hahaha Claude Lemieux...couldnt turtle his way out this time?

This year was pretty fun brawl wise for toronto, two atlanta brawls and a montreal one, both blow out games, both centered around either domi or tucker :lol:

or both at the same time...guess no more of that this year for the leafs eh?

But I hear detroit is looking at godard so you may be in luck!

Wasn't sure who Godard was, so I had to look him up. 115 mins in the box and only 4 points. Blah. Why are they looking at him? lol But 115 is better than our best last year (Chelios with 108). I remember Avery being on our team in his rookie year.. the dude didn't even get on the ice without getting into something lmao

Edited by NOS2006

A puncher :lol:...

Thats one thing I dont like about this new nhl....

Bettman is trying to 'sissify' it..

Toronto Maple Leaf hockey will never be the same without Domi either....stupid team bought him out..

It's just not going to be the same, that guy did some crazy and funny stuff over the years.

Common...you cant tell me you dont miss probert on detroit :lol:

174062[/snapback]

Can't wait for hockey season...

As for Domi-i wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in the D. Our youngins' need

protection, and Tie could be a cheap pick-up...he has no pressure to score here..

(stupid SI)

Darcy would fit great here too... :)

I'm not sure that Tie would fit (he's getting up there in age, right?.. I think we're looking for a younger team), but Darcy would be welcome with open arms!

175164[/snapback]

Yeah he's getting old, that and last year he was out of shape. At the beginning of the year he got beat up by Dan Lacotoure :duh:

Though at the end of the year he returned the favour in full, I think the lockout did him a lot of damage (out of shape wise). If someone picks him up, I think he'll be back in shape and be a decent scrapper again, even last year he always caused trouble, the last stretch was absolutley amazing in that aspect!

I'd love to see Tie on a team that he would face Toronto a lot, it's not going to be the same not seeing him on the ice for the first opening face off :(

I'm not sure that Tie would fit (he's getting up there in age, right?.. I think we're looking for a younger team), but Darcy would be welcome with open arms!

175164[/snapback]

Yeah, he's 36...but he can still take care of business.. :AH-HA_wink:

He just needs to watch over guys like Pavel and Hennie...

Teams are going to show a serious lack of respect now that Stevie is gone.....

Believe it or not, Tie should fit right in..

Yeah he's getting old, that and last year he was out of shape. At the beginning of the year he got beat up by Dan Lacotoure :duh:

Though at the end of the year he returned the favour in full, I think the lockout did him a lot of damage (out of shape wise). If someone picks him up, I think he'll be back in shape and be a decent scrapper again, even last year he always caused trouble, the last stretch was absolutley amazing in that aspect!

I'd love to see Tie on a team that he would face Toronto a lot, it's not going to be the same not seeing him on the ice for the first opening face off :(

175261[/snapback]

Yep.I noticed it did that to a lot of players....

The Leafs simply won't be be the same..or as feared...