GM Tech Center Camaro Rally -- August 10th

GM Tech Center - Camaro Rally -- Aug 10th.......

Many of you have talked about gathering your Camaros (and Firebirds) in front of the GM Tech Center to send a message to GM that you want to see the Camaro Concept make it to production.

Classic Chevy International and World Wide Camaro are having a show at the GM Tech Center in Warren, Michigan from Thursday, August 10th to Saturday, the 12th. This is the perfect time to gather and let GM know your feelings.

Plan to be at the GM Tech Center on Thursday morning, the 10th at 10:30. You will enter thru the Van Dyke entrance -- and proceed to the “Amphitheater” -- we’ll have signs leading you there. (see directions below)

YOU MUST HAVE THIS INVITATION TO GAIN ENTRANCE TO THE TECH CENTER---AND.......(here’s a bonus) ---

>>We’ll be giving tours of the GM Heritage Center<<<

-- again, you MUST have this invitation with you........we’ll have a desk set up at the Amphitheater where you will sign up for the Heritage Center tour-- we’ll give you directions -- and this invitation will be your entry into the Heritage Center. Tours will be from 2 to 5 that afternoon.

I realize this is a last-minute plan and I apologize for this. However, I know many of you feel very strongly about showing GM your passion for the Camaro -- and the bonus is that if you do attend, we’ll allow you to view a nice representation of GM’s Heritage Collection -- cars from 1902 to the future -- including many concept cars from the 40s, 50s, --right up to the present.

I hope to see you there! (please post if you intend to be there - I'd like a rough estimate of people-cars)

Directions to the General Motors Technical Center:

Interstate 75 to Interstate 696 East. Exit at Van Dyke Avenue. Turn left onto Van Dyke Avenue. You will be traveling north. Cross over 12 mile road and get into left hand turn lane at traffic light directly across from Campbell/Ewald Building.

Signs will guide you to the Amphitheater. We’ll have ample parking for Camaros and Firebirds.

I want to drive the SS out there so bad... but I have to leave for Los Alamos that weekend! (ang the gf would bite my head off for ditching her on her b-day)

NOS... you better get out there and represent!

Edited by AAS

Is that post the invite?

And are 3.4L v6 Camaros allowed?

I might be able to go.

Could i use the 13 mile entrance? since it would be easier for me and casue 1 car less conjestion. But i can understand if they only want people using the Van dyke entrance.

Also the Amplitheature is right next to the New Blue High rise isnt it?

Edited by capriceman

Damn doesn't look like I can make it on Thursday. I have to attend a co-op job fair at Kettering from 2-6 on Thursday. :angry:

177309[/snapback]

"Catch a cold," go to rally!!!

Job fairs are a dime-a-dozen, and they aren't mandatory!

I can't think of anything else to say to make you change your mind... JUST DO THE RIGHT THING!

Cameras are allowed both at Tech Center and at Heritage Center -- and we encourage them for this activity!

Beer is DEFINiTELY out of the question.

Smoking is allowed at the Tech Center outside. (boy am I lucky on that one!)

Smoking is only allowed outside at the Heritage Center.

Trust me - show up -- you will NOT be disappointed!

Trust me - show up -- you will NOT be disappointed!

178173[/snapback]

Ya know, Scott, I thought we were friends. Comments like that make me hate you and all other Camaro enthusiasts. :P

[/jealousy]

Edited by NOS2006

Camaro’s better be loud.  A quite exhaust is a terrible thing  :P

178342[/snapback]

Loud pipes save lives...

I'd love to be there, unfortunately my life's in the way. Oh well, I'll have to settle for buying a new Camaro. Soon.

It was a good time- not as many cars as there should have been tho

Posted Image

No Lie: I once saw Ed W. doing hot laps around the lake at Design Center with

this beatiful 4 speed car (on a Sunday). He was bang'in gears hard and stuffing it into the turns- He's cool ...

and his eyes get real big when talking abour cars..one of us for sure! This guy has BIG ideas.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mightymouse

when i was getting some food I heard some guy talking about the camaro blowing some smoke from under it i dont belive it though. probably drove through some dust.