Who's the Rental Queen Now?

Flybrian

In the sense that one is a coupe in a "dead" market, one is derided for being overstyled and goofy, one is a 'lame Taurus', one is a 'fleet queen,' and all of ride on an 'ancient' platform with 'lousy' pushrod engines mated to 'embarrassing' 4-speed automatics while the other three represent this 'RWD is back/FWD is dead' era with OMG German underpinnings, yes I think GM can brag a little bit.

I guess my main point here is that the LX cars would've sold just as well if the transmission were forward of the engine and it were front-wheel drive, meaning the style and performance sell over every other factor in this half of the midsize car market. Its easily argued all of the above GM and DCX cars have more style and way better performance than the 500 and Montego and the sales figures show that. Alternatively, the Fusion is doing pretty well compared to the well-established Malibu because it has style and (coming soon) performance.

Also, can you imagine how well the W-bodies would sell if they looked a little better, were packaged a bit wiser, and had 5-spd automatics mated even to the same Itengines?

187943[/snapback]

Sales numbers vs. sales numbers do not show profitablity. The LX vehicles average transaction price is well north of $30K. With less retail sales then the W-bodies, they are making more money.

what the heck is a Joseph Abuud ?

190395[/snapback]

I misspelled it in my first post, it's Abboud.

It was a designer edition of the Regal GS. It had some dark, textured, buttery leather seats:

Posted Image

and Subtle two toning unique to the package:

Posted Image

Sounds fishy to me, kinda like your improvising here. It also seems funny dealers can make a bit of profit in Canada but you claim in the States, dealing direct, GM cant even make any money. So this means the Canadian Rental Agencys are paying more for their cars than the US agencys + a bit for the dealers. Dem Canadians stupid...........ey ?

190167[/snapback]

whatEVER.....

:rolleyes:

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings