Edmunds Evalution: 2007 Acura MDX

Variance

Edmunds Evalution: 2007 Acura MDX

Posted Image

Considering base MSRPs of a comparably equipped BMW X5 3.0i ($44,470), the Porsche Cayenne ($42,200) and the Volvo XC90 V8 ($46,400), we think the MDX is priced just right. With all its unexpected performance, standard safety and interior features, plus Acura's attention to detail and reputation for longevity, the 2007 Acura MDX is the current midsize SUV standard for the others to chase — in spite of the metallic grille.

Read "First Drive: 2007 Acura MDX" @ Edmunds

the exterior is barely passable. the interior looks comfy, but style wise is not good. really for this price class you should get some prestige and a lot fo style with what you buy. If you buy this car for prestige, you don't quite get it. If you buy it for good handling and stuff, I think you can justify it.

If you just want to schlep kids to soccer practice and look rich doing it, there are far better choices for the same money.

I hope it gets better mileage than the 13.8 miles per gallon Road and Track got with the FOUR CYLINDER RDX.

Edited by regfootball

I hope it gets better mileage than the 13.8 miles per gallon Road and Track got with the FOUR CYLINDER RDX.

188141[/snapback]

Just curious, are you going to bring that up everytime the word ACURA shows up? :P

MDX is a looker, although I think the car works better in darker colors. That way, the grille's brightness isn't overkill when paired with something such as silver. I think in person the wood will be more attractive than in pictures, a person can see more detail up close and personal.

Edited by big blue