Spied: 2008 Mini Clubman

Variance

Spied: 2008 Mini Clubman

Posted Image

We're not sure if it will be called the Mini Traveller or the Mini Clubman, but our exclusive spy video of this long-wheelbase Mini due in 2008 does reveal a couple of unique features you won't find on the redesigned 2007 Mini Cooper.

Read "Exclusive Spy Video & Photos: 2008 Mini Clubman" @ Edmunds

I wasn't sure that a larger mini could look right at all. So far, it looks decent. I'm going to guess rear suicide doors like the Ion Quad Coupe? Will help the car's look to hide the rear access door, assuming there is one (the lack of one would be rather crappy...)

A not-so Mini Mini.... stupid.

This is like a "extra short wheelbase" Cadillac Escalade

for ease of parking in the city, defeats the purpose of

the whole original concept.

Um...the no-so-mini Mini has been around since the 60's. The new one is still going to be a hell of a lot smaller than most vehicles on the road, so why bitch? They're not doing anything outside of the company's heritage and they are opening themselves up to the part of the market that needs something more practical than the current Mini but wants the Mini aura. They are just setting Mini up to make more money, which comes in handy. You'd have a valid argument if it were a Mini Cooper XXL AWD, just a rebadged Range Rover.

I love classic MINIs but even in the older, Rover ones I

did not care for the Clubman. They're goofy and just

come off as a Woody-wannabe. I did like certain Austin

& Rover Mini spinoffs....

Here's a couple neat ones:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image