Nissan Altima

!!!TED!!!

True. In pretty much every case, a 'new' platform seems to be almost always derived in some way from an old platform. For Nissan to use a 100% from the ground up new base for the 2007 Altima after an authenticly all-new platform was engineered for the '02 would be absolutely retarded, especially since there is nothing wrong with the FF-L.

Whatever platform it rides, I'll look forward to renting one...

197082[/snapback]

true story, exactly one year ago i said yes to the sales manager in the nissan dealer on a new quest. price, everything, agreed.

5 minutes later she comes to me and says 'i can't deliver it to you, they just put a hold on them from Nissan because of a recall'. Her solution, they would give me an Altima to drive for as long as it took.

i drive a ford now. i would NOT take the altima.

this new one i like.

Edited by regfootball

For the record, the car does ride on Nissan's 'D Platform,' which is differentiated from the '02 Altima's FF-L by a wheelbase that's 1-inch shorter along with suspension improvements. That's the party line.

However, practically, I have no knowledge that tells me that is any different than  something like GM's G-body platform, which was shared by the Riviera, Aurora, and Park Avenue, then as an improved and 1.6" shorter platform for the LeSabre, Aurora, and Bonneville in 2000/01, and then lengthend to 115.5" for the 2006 Lucerne, except that General Motors refers to all cars collectively as G-bodies.

I suspect the same condition exists here, except the 'improvements' warrant a new platform designation.

197100[/snapback]

SOMEBODY GETS IT

True. In pretty much every case, a 'new' platform seems to be almost always derived in some way from an old platform. For Nissan to use a 100% from the ground up new base for the 2007 Altima after an authenticly all-new platform was engineered for the '02 would be absolutely retarded, especially since there is nothing wrong with the FF-L.

197136[/snapback]

AND ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ARE BUILT IN THE SAME FRICKING PLANT, INTERCHANGIBLY, AND THEY SHARE THE SAME GENERAL STRUCTURAL PROPORTIONING AND BODY RELATIONSHIPS

The current Altima isn't bad at all.  Why wouldn't you take one, Reg?

197495[/snapback]

crappy interior dated exterior. everyone has one. thin sheet metal. there are about 20 other sedans i would take first before the pre 07 altima. maxima costs very little more. the 07 is majorly improved visually and in the interior. i would take an accord ex v6 before the current altima, and about 20 other sedans. the 2007 i like.

I'll admit, I really liked the first gen Altima which, stylistically, was like nothing else in its class at the time. Lest we all forget, in late 01' when the last gen altima debuted, none of the other mainstream, bread-and-butter cars had executed jeweled headlights or tailights quite so boldly and the altima did raise the bar.(until you got inside and the bar came crashing down on you, lol).

As funny as its sounds my opinion has 'flip-flopped', if you will, for I now think the interior looks clean and modern while the exterior looks bloated and busy. The lines that I thought were so clean 5 years ago looks like they rounded out and the innovative 'jeweled' lighting is too busy and cluttered. The rear looks like they spent 2 weeks getting the brake and reverse beams just right and then they remembered they needed a t/signal so they just drapped it over the top.

Nissan's powertrains always provide plenty of zip so, Like Fly, I too will rent one of these the next time I drive home to the midwest!

true story, exactly one year ago i said yes to the sales manager in the nissan dealer on a new quest.  price, everything, agreed.

5 minutes later she comes to me and says 'i can't deliver it to you, they just put a hold on them from Nissan because of a recall'.  Her solution, they would give me an Altima to drive for as long as it took.

i drive a ford now.  i would NOT take the altima.

this new one i like.

197165[/snapback]

Don't you hate your Ford?