KIA SEDONA

regfootball

more later, but in short, went to drive a Sedona Saturday.

In a lot of ways its a good product but in some ways it DOES NOT live up to all the hype its been getting.

The Sienna, Odyssey AND QUEST are all superior.

pros - willing engine, transmission, powertrain well sorted out, light and decently quick steering, manumatic available, seat adjusters on the door, warranty, spacious

cons - slightly cheesy interior, suspension is too soft, does not feel seat of the pants durable for the long haul, 2nd row does not stow, cheap plastics and fabrics, boring gauges, cheap feeling power doors and rear hatch (when will it break), thin feeling sheet metal, could use a 6th gear.

If I aspired to own a minivan, the Quest would be it without a doubt.

194996[/snapback]

I wonder if they have Nissan Quest gatherings, kinda like the Saturn ones?

That means you and the other five owners will be able to meet each other, and I'll be able to see what kind of people buy Nissan Quest's

:P^_^

I wonder if they have Nissan Quest gatherings, kinda like the Saturn ones?

That means you and the other five owners will be able to meet each other, and I'll be able to see what kind of people buy Nissan Quest's

:P  ^_^

195008[/snapback]

Give me a few hot milfs/dilfs and I'm there.

fold those seats down baby and let's swing! Throw a mood 'DVD" in the dual screens for inspiration! I hope that big dashboard pod gets them all 'utero'.

The Kia serves it mission well, a value laden family van. Its a good effort, but very middle of the road and doesn't really advance the class any. I actually drove a used Merc Monterey literally an hour before that and the Kias powertrain and driving assets are much greater.....but then......feel the sheetmetal and open and close the power doors and hatch. The Merc did it effortlessly with no body flex and no groaning. On the Kia, things flexed and shivered a bit and made some uncomfortable noises. Just little things that remind you..oh yeah, its KOREAN.

Edited by regfootball

fold those seats down baby and let's swing!  Throw a mood 'DVD" in the dual screens for inspiration!  I hope that big dashboard pod gets them all 'utero'.

The Kia serves it mission well,  a value laden family van.  Its a good effort, but very middle of the road and doesn't really advance the class any.  I actually drove a used Merc Monterey literally an hour before that and the Kias powertrain and driving assets are much  greater.....but then......feel the sheetmetal and open and close the power doors and hatch.  The Merc did it effortlessly with no body flex and no groaning.  On the Kia, things flexed and shivered a bit and made some uncomfortable noises.  Just little things that remind you..oh yeah, its KOREAN.

195068[/snapback]

The Sedona makes the most sense in base trim... it's under $20K after discounts, which is Uplander/Caravan pricing.