'90 GMC S15 Sierra

Well, when I quit my job a year and a half ago I had to give my 01 S-10 back to the bank. Luckly this year I had a bit o' extra cash from student aid to buy this turd...er...I mean beautiful peice of machinery.

2.5L's of bone crushing fury... :rolleyes: At least I know it's reliable

5-Speed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tacky dealer graphics...

Posted Image

Edited by quantum110

Wow, that is one clean, straight S-truck. Most of the ones I see (including the one I used to own) rot on the quarters, rockers, and fenders. IIRC, you're in Arizona, so that should never be an issue.

Think of it as a blank canvas. The stance and wheels tell me it's 2WD. If/when that 2.5L kicks the bucket, a 350 should slide in there quite nicely 8)

Guest YellowJacket894

I don't know Z. The 2.5 was a four-pot and I think a new transmission might have to be installed for the eight to work.

I know it's that way for my truck if I want a V8 conversion done. And, in any case, any S10 V8 conversion can cost well past five grand. I'd rather find an S10 with a 4.3 and turbocharge it. Probably would be just as cheap.

As for your truck, guantum, it has potential. Removing the retarded dealer graphics and S15 badges will go a long way in making it a nice, clean looking truck.

Expect another 100,000 miles out of it, too. My dad had a black 1988 GMC S15 Sierra Classic four-by-four with the 4.3 and an automatic. That truck lasted to almost 300,000 miles and it was rebuilt to boot.

It has some small spots of surface rust in a couple of areas where the paint has chipped off...but nothing some sandpaper and primer can't take care of.

The steering box has way too much play in it. I still have to decide if I'm going to rebuild it or buy a junk yard piece. I know for sure there is no way I'm paying $200 for one from a parts store.

I'd love to get the stripes off, but they're pretty baked on...I'd also love to take it to a good paint shop and have it resprayed...but I need a job before that happens.

The doors also need new pins, need a coolant temp sensor, LR Wheel Cylinder and a new valve cover gasket.

I've thought about the V8 swap, but it's not what I really want in a small truck. I was thinking about keeping an eye out for a junkyard 2.5L that I would have rebuilt w/ a comp cam and some mild head work. Then build a mild 8-12psi turbo kit using a medium T25 or TD04 turbo. The smallish turbo should spool quick allowing for a decent tq curve and approx 180-200hp (conservative).

However, if GM ever offers the LNF 2.0T as a crate engine I would be all over it.

Edited by quantum110

Guest YellowJacket894

They offer the LSJ from the Cobalt SS/SC

195364[/snapback]

. . .Wait, wait, wait. Would either this enigne or the Solstice GXP's 2.0L Ecotec Turbo work with a stock 2.2L manual transmission?

:scratchchin:

As long as the bolt pattern for the tranny matches the engine. I dont see the issue. And even that's not insurmountable, as I've seen adaptor plates that'll allow a B-P-O trannsmission to bolt to a Chevy block, and vice versa.

Guest YellowJacket894

As long as the bolt pattern for the tranny matches the engine. I dont see the issue. And even that's not insurmountable, as I've seen adaptor plates that'll allow a B-P-O trannsmission to bolt to a Chevy block, and vice versa.

195527[/snapback]

. . .Hmmm. Maybe there's some hope for my plan for a hi-po S-10 after all. 8)

Yup... you've got 78% of a full size truck

with 50% of a Pontiac V8.

Not a bad truck though, decent set of wheels. :)

Just a thought:  check to see if Pontiac still has some Super Duty parts available for your engine.  If they're still available, they'll be in the GM Performance Parts catalog.

195548[/snapback]

Yeah, they show the Valve Cover and SD intake. If you seach for the Block and Head numbers on the GM Performance Parts site they'll come up, but w/out any pics or info.