Sign in to follow this  
Variance

New Mini Spared I-Drive

8 posts in this topic

Variance    0

New Mini Spared I-Drive

Posted Image

Over some solid food and drink at a hipper-than-thou restaurant with a number of Mini execs after a long day at the show, WINDING ROAD managed to pry loose the fact that (contrary to early reports) the next-generation Mini will not feature BMW’s love/hate iDrive multi-function controller in any, way, shape or form.

Read "WR Exclusive: No iDrive For 2007 Mini!!" @ Winding Road

FAPTurbo    1,096

Why the hell would they have even considered putting it in the Mini?! Well thank Jesus it isn't going into the Mini. I couldn't figure it out, and I'm a child of the computer/iPod generation...

Flybrian    0

MINI should release a witty advertisement announce its new feature: uDrive, a system in which the sentient human manually uses the automobile to act as a medium between himself and the road.

pow    106

It's not called iDrive, but there's still a joystick-like interface for the optional navigation screen. It makes sense since there isn't room for traditional nav buttons on the MINI's dash.

Flybrian    0

Maybe its me, but upon further consideration, why would you want navigation in this car? Isn't a MINI the kind of vehicle where you hop in and drive around half-aimlessly just for fun?

ZL-1    160

Thank God.

199780[/snapback]

Maybe its me, but upon further consideration, why would you want navigation in this car? Isn't a MINI the kind of vehicle where you hop in and drive around half-aimlessly just for fun?

200715[/snapback]

Both quoted for truth. Friggin' fun car to drive!