Two retards in the back of the room hookup

or Mitsubish becomes top shareholder of Isuzu

Link

Isuzu Motors announced today that Mitsubishi Corp. has become its top shareholder after increasing its share of the automaker from 3.5 percent to 15.65 percent. Mitsubishi Corp, the huge conglomerate that also owns 13 percent of Mitsubishi Motors Corp, first scooped up a share in Isuzu when General Motors dropped back its stake in the company back in April, and this news came about after Mitsubishi decided to convert all the preferred share that it purchased back in 2005 into common stock. Mitsubishi is clearly looking to strengthen its ties with Isuzu and benefit from the automaker's truck business.

Mitsubishi Fuso and Isuzu commercial truck are not as bad as you might think. These two linking up could prepare them for the further consolidation in the medium/heavy truck market. VW is buying into MAN. Scania, Volvo/Renault, DaimlerChrysler, PACCAR, and others have all been on the move in the recent past.

It dates back to 84 but my used 84 D50 Mitsubichi/Dodge was one of the best trucks I ever had. 100,000 trouble free miles, excluding 3 fuel pumps, 2 of which were aftermarket. Even my used 81 Toyota which followed it was only drivin 80,000 miles. Both great trucks, very hard worked with some tuff roads as well.

and it was a HEMI +1........with a 5 sp +1........ and bucket seats with floor shifter +2........... prolly had hard plastic though -200.... :lol:

Ive never though badly of Mitsubichi, Isuzu on the other hand makes me think of the Luv truck, which was laughable by Toyota, Mitsubichi, Datson, and Mazda standards.

Im sure much has changed since then though for better or worse.

So maybe it is like the blind following the deaf

Mitsubishi is clearly looking to strengthen its ties with Isuzu and benefit from the automaker's truck business.

you mean benefit from GMC's truck business??

actually we sell both gmc and isuzu at my dealership and i can tell u...even with the 2006 Ascender undercutting the 2006 Envoys price by several thousand dollars (i think a $5500 rebate on top of an already lowered MSRP) as well as a better comprehensive warranty.....guess what.....all the 2006 envoys are gone and we've managed to sell 1 or 2 Ascenders the entire year

Brand Image is EVERYTHING most of the time

you mean benefit from GMC's truck business??

actually we sell both gmc and isuzu at my dealership and i can tell u...even with the 2006 Ascender undercutting the 2006 Envoys price by several thousand dollars (i think a $5500 rebate on top of an already lowered MSRP) as well as a better comprehensive warranty.....guess what.....all the 2006 envoys are gone and we've managed to sell 1 or 2 Ascenders the entire year

Brand Image is EVERYTHING most of the time

There's more to the world than the US. Isuzu sells (relatively well) in most of the world...GMC does not.

Really, this could benefit both companies. If they have a merged sales front, Isuzu can build the trucks, Mitsubishi can build the cars. Remember, Isuzu did most of the work on the Colorado/Canyon, the finish is a bit weak, but the engineering is sound...

Most amusing. At least to us in North America where Isuzu is essentially the walking dead, and Mitsubishi semi-floundering.

This thread makes me wonder what C&G members would have said when Renault bought out Nissan...

That out of the way, there is some potential that the two smaller firms could make a comeback in combination... Or maybe it is more about the medium/heavy truck business.

You completely miss the fact that the Mitsubishi in question is global trading company, not an automaker. They only recently acquired a major stake in Mitsubishi Motors. Mitsubishi Corp. has been a major investor in Isuzu for decades, and as a trading company is also invested in Isuzu distrubutors in many countries.