First Drive: 2007 Suzuki XL7

i read James Healy's review of the CRV yesterday.  he loved it, but said, why get a nice CRV when you can get a v6 RAV4 with 100 more hp and not much more dough.

The 4cyl version of the RAV4 averages 2-3mpg better than the v6. When I checked the Vue, I believe the margin was larger. For you, it might be a worthwhile compromise to take the v6 and lose a few points, but for a lot of buyers, they would take the 4cyl since it gets better mileage and costs less.

Edit: And I'm comparing real world numbers at www.fueleconomy.gov, not the EPA numbers. The 6cyl RAV4 4wd actually gets better hwy mileage than the 4cyl version according to the EPA data.

Edited by siegen

I like it and I think it helps Suzuki move upwards in the market place. Not in price point but in comparison to the competition and image perception. If only it could apply this much effort to the rest of its lineup, minus the GV.

I posted this in the other thread about the xl7.

I did a quick photoshop of the headlight, and I think it would look a lot better like this:

Posted Image

Although it is more ordinary. Maybe they were going for something different like this to get attention.

Maybe they were going for something different like this to get attention.

204459[/snapback]

I think so. Something similar to what Honda did with the front fascia of the CR-V in that, yeah, its there, but it doesn't actually make any sense nor does it add anything to the vehicle besides something for people to talk about.