Cadillac CPO Program Industry's Best

Flybrian

FOR RELEASE: 2006-11-03

Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned Program Named Industry's Best

Intellichoice.com awards best Luxury rating to Cadillac

Posted Image

Link to Press Release @ GM Media

DETROIT, Mich., - Intellichoice.com, a leading consumer automotive data resource, has named Cadillac as having the best Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) program among all luxury brands for 2007.

The eighth annual Intellichoice.com Best Certified Pre-Owned Award ranks luxury car brands on the quality and value of key CPO features such as warranties, certification processes, financing and roadside assistance.

Cadillac's Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles (CPO) provides luxury car shoppers with the confidence of an exhaustive inspection, certification and warranty program. Cadillac certification includes an inspection of more than 100 quality points, a bumper-to-bumper limited warranty, six months of free OnStar "Directions and Connections" service and free roadside assistance.

"Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned is an important extension of the growth of the Cadillac brand," said Jim Taylor, Cadillac general manager. "It enables new and different consumers to experience the quality of our revitalized products and customer care."

Well that's good news, coming from someone who'd like to slip into a CPO CTS with the Sport package in a couple of years.

When you take low resale values into account, Used Cadillac's are the best deal out there

212698[/snapback]

No question about it!! Let someone else take the bath. The way I looked at it was you can get a new Grand Prix or the like or a 2 year old Deville DTS (In my case ^_^ ) for the same $$

NO COMPARISON with the ext warranty for another grand the deal is unbeatable!!

I just saw a CPO 2005 STS 3.6 at a local dealer for $23,888!!!  I looked it up online on their website to confirm.  I didn't think they depreciated THAT much!  Mileage was slightly high for a 2005 at 35K, but Kelly Blue Book showed 28K as average for a 2005.

VIN: 1G6DW677850121889

Dealer web site

216916[/snapback]

Oh yes, they DEFINATELY do. Both the SRX and STS started off with similarly horrific resale values, and though the SRX's eventually got better with the lowered MSRP's and constant improvements, the STS has just continued to go down the toilet.

It's simply a regular occurrence to see even barely a few months old fully loaded V8 AWD ones originally over $65k going for the high $30k's in no time at all...and V6's are even cheaper, being lower priced in the first place.

Credit it to poor sales, a still not that great interior for the class/price, and also various bugs (rattles, electronic issues, drivetrain issues, etc.) for the first model year and some others, and MSRP's seemingly a bit high, and the STS just has not done well so far. Still, a great car, but the soon to be out updated model hopefully will do a lot better, and not end up the product of these kind of fire sales so soon...

Edited by caddycruiser

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the super old bump, but I have a question regard the CPO program.

I understand that the CPO warranty would not be valid at a Canadian dealer if imported one to Canada as a Canadian, however, if I had enough of an issue that warranted taking it down to a Cadillac dealer in the US, or I was down in the US already and wanted some little things looked at, I assume a US dealer would still honor the warranty? I guess I am asking, it has nothing to do with where the vehcile is registered in, does it? As long as that car is sold as a CPO, the warranty is valid within the US, right?

Can anyone (a dealer) help me out with this. We're looking at something that's a CPO vehicle that's just been in service 3 years and just past the 50k mile mark, and knowing that a major issue could be looked at, even if it meant driving 6h to get there or on one of our semi annual trips to the US, and get fixed over the next 3 years and 47k miles, would possibly seal that deal.

Cheers,