Hummer vs Jeep

The biggest problem with Hummer drivers is they buy their H2's thinking they are the best offroad vehicles around and thinking they don't need to know how to rock climb because they are in a hummer...they don't know that their H2 is just a glorified Tahoe...But I would so buy a cherokee or CJ just to turn it into a water fordin', rock dodgin', chevy eatin' machine :P Jeeps are cool...I'd love to have one for screwin around in....too bad I don't live near any suitable areas to do that though...btw, gotta love the Canyon Arrow theme song :lol: Edited by Nick

Will these "pissing wars" ever stop??? Of course the Jeep guys are gonna go and make a video like this... Hummers are appearing everywhere and are putting their little Jeeps to shame. Sure, I could take out my camera and film every Joe-Schmoe who goes and buys a Hummer without any offroad driving training too. But why don't they show the Hummers pulling out the Jeeps? I've seen that footage too on tv and on the 'net. My toy is better than your toy... blah blah blah.

I like both brands (Jeep & Hummer). And this statement couldn't be more wrong -

they don't know that their H2 is just a glorified Tahoe..

Of course GM used the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade architecture as a basis... that doesn't mean that they put a Hummer body on top of a Tahoe frame!!! Plenty of engineering went into the H2's design to make it a capable off-road vehicle. Take a stock H2 and a stock Tahoe/Yukon out onto an off-road course and see which vehicle was engineered to be the off-road truck.

Don't get me wrong - one day I will own a Jeep Wrangler. Maybe if Hummer produces the H3 in pickup form, I may own that first. But these are two great brands and enthusiasts for each will try to show why there's is better than the others.

Thanks for reading my rant. :P

*cough* I always just remember the video of the Hummer pulling the Wrangler and Dodge pickup off the mountainside because they couldn't drive across such an incline. Yes, they're all capable off road vehicles...but if you want to soley compare extreme cases...

hey guys relax i just thought it was funny... as far as offroading both are very capable in their own way... i do have an issue with people who buy them as an fashion statement, but i just posted the link to make people laugh not get insanely PO'ED so just sit back relax and laugh that's all

I'll stick with Jeeps. Hummers are just overweight, oversized, overstyled nonsense, IMHO. My girlfriend's '02 Wrangler is just fine, but I keep telling her she needs to upgrade to a Rubicon and that I need to update my '00 GC to a new Hemi GC...:)