Toyota Exports to USA top 1 million

mustang84

Toyota Motor Corp.'s vehicle exports to the United States have topped 1 million units for the first time in 20 years.

Exports in the first 10 months of 2006 came to 1,033,545 units, a figure that already surpasses the full-year record of 1,032,642 units set in 1986, according to company figures.

The January-October figure is up 44.1 percent from the same period a year earlier and means that exports from Japan account for about half of Toyota's new-vehicle sales in the world's largest market.

As part of its efforts to prevent a recurrence of the trade friction that dogged the company in the 1980s, Toyota intends to open its eighth assembly plant in North America in 2009, sources said.

http://www.autospies.com/news/Toyota-Expor...nit-Mark-10357/

American as apple pie...

....that's great news! I don't suppose the $30 billion or so leaving the country matters to any of us, right? Wouldn't have taken a few jobs with it, would it?

....that's great news!  I don't suppose the $30 billion or so leaving the country matters to any of us, right? Wouldn't have taken a few jobs with it, would it?

222657[/snapback]

Isolated bilateral trading shortfalls are completely irrelevent.

....oh, that's right: my bad. The U.S. has a trade surplus with Japan. Oh, and Canada has a trade surplus with Japan, too!

You're right: isolated bilateral trade shortfalls ARE irrelevant!

You can stop posting these stories.......because apparently the US public does not care! :banghead:

Toyotas are better and save the planet......the Big 3's union employees make too much money......if I can't make alot of money and have good health care, then why should I pay for other Americans to??? I would rather give my money to honorable Japanese.

Sincerely,

The average American consumer

Ha! Toyota isn't so American after all! Are all 1mil of these vehicles getting imported to the U.S. coming from Japan? Or are they coming from places like Canada, Mexico, etc?

....that's great news!  I don't suppose the $30 billion or so leaving the country matters to any of us, right? Wouldn't have taken a few jobs with it, would it?

222657[/snapback]

Well if it didn't go to Toyota it would probably end up going to some baseball player :AH-HA_wink: $30 mil, that's pocket change!

Ha! Toyota isn't so American after all! Are all 1mil of these vehicles getting imported to the U.S. coming from Japan? Or are they coming from places like Canada, Mexico, etc?

Well if it didn't go to Toyota it would probably end up going to some baseball player  :AH-HA_wink:  $30 mil, that's pocket change!

222729[/snapback]

:blink:

Dude....read much??

The January-October figure is up 44.1 percent from the same period a year earlier and means that exports from Japan account for about half of Toyota's new-vehicle sales in the world's largest market.

....that's great news! I don't suppose the $30 billion or so leaving the country matters to any of us, right? Wouldn't have taken a few jobs with it, would it?