Sign in to follow this  
trinacriabob

Computer "weirdness" at hand - help

6 posts in this topic

I work in a medium sized architectural firm and, in addition to our local drive, we download other stuff (such as our drawings and such) from a server. I also have a flash drive or thumb drive that I use up at the university at night and on weekends when I do crap for my night classes.

Thus far, I have never had problems with a file on my flash drive. Interestingly enough, I got a message on the flash drive while at work, after a crash, that said "Volume is dirty." (Now, I do insert my flash drive, carried on my key ring, into my work computer to work on papers during breaks and on my lunch hour.)

Lately, my computer has been crashing anywhere from 1 to 3 times a day. It seems to have started when I started using my flash drive (which has been inserted into many different computers on campus). Are these related? What would suddenly cause all these AutoCAD, Microsoft office and even Internet crashes on my work computer? Any ideas?

Edited by trinacriabob

Hmmm..sounds like something is infected with a virus..spread through the flash drive. When multiple programs start crashing, it's often a virus (a weakness of Windows).

Hmmm..sounds like something is infected with a virus..spread through the flash drive.  When multiple programs start crashing, it's often a virus (a weakness of Windows).

226956[/snapback]

Agreed.

That seems to happen a lot with campus computers....

I had the same issue with a disk... :(

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this