Surprise!

MyerShift

Okay, it goes like this.

I just got on the computer, and got to C&G into the lounge, and I happened to sneeze because right now my nose is running, sinuses are draining and blowing my nose happened to be the least of my concerns as a result of it.

~*Surprise!*~

I'm bleeding! From both barrels for a double treat. Ugh. I blame having to fuss over my nose due to the drainage, the dry weather, and possible veins too close to the surface. I mean, it's soo easy for me to bleed in the winter time and it bugs the crap out of me.

My junior year in high school I did a report on hemophilia in my advanced biology class and consequently, my peers had to give me a hard time about having hemophilia (which is known as the royal disease, by the way) just because I would be sitting there in class working/not doing anything and, whoops! Here comes the blood!

It's even better when you wake up in the middle of the night soaked and warm on your upper torso and when you turn on the light, it looks like a homicide happened but somehow wasn't completed. I can remember that happening twice.

Sometimes it's so bad, my friends or family (depending on whom I am with at the time) think I ought to go to the hospital. I always decline, because for me I know that it will stop. If I ever started to feel faint or what not, I would go of course.

Anyone else here have some similar experiences or stories? Or am I just a hemorrhaging freak?

Why, thank you. Sometimes I just need to make sure I'm not crazy in thinking there are others like me. :AH-HA_wink:

I used to have that problem up until I was about 15 years old. When I was 7 or 8 I would sometimes wake up in the morning and my pillow would be soaked in blood. Not fun. I had my nostrils "cauterized" when I was 6 or 7, but it didn't help. The doctor at the time said I would grow out of it, and I did.

But it wasn't fun, I can tell you! A girl slapped my face (nowhere near my nose!) one time in grade school ( I probably deserved that, at least) and my nose bled for hours!

It does leave a mental scar, though. For years afterward, any time my nose got bumped, I would freeze and snap my head back, waiting for the gush that finally never came.

Hopefully, you will grow out of it too. It has been nearly 30 years since I've had any decent kind of bleed! NOt that I miss it! LOL

My nose has only bled once in my life (way back when I was 7...I barely bumped it but somehow it bled for a good 10 minutes), but I have a friend who has had problems with bloody noses for many years. One time about 6 years ago his nose started bleeding for no reason whatsoever and he ended up filling up an entire trash can with bloody tissues. I think it bled for probably 3 hours or so. That was when he was 15 tho...I think he has kinda grown out of it since then, or at least I haven't heard of any recent ones.

Yes, I grew up with the same problem. Doctors told me the same thing... veins too close to the surface and dry sinuses. As a kid, I left several large puddles of blood out in public areas because tilting my head back wasn't an option (and neither was running to a restroom.) Embarrassing, but not my fault.

It was particularly odd because my father was a hemophiliac. Everyone immediately thought I was too. Nope.

The condition dramatically improved throughout my 20's although I still have the occasional nosebleed.

Yucky!

I would never tilt my head back. Why let that drain into your stomach? I'm sure it would be better to just let it drain out onto the ground. Once, I bled into the toilet. What a wonderful crimson bowl! Like the colour of those stupid red pickled cherries they put in Shirley Temple drinks, or whatever they are.

I don't know if I'll grow out of it, I'm already 20.

OMG, you know, I would never do anything harsh like that ever. But with my nose itching every once in a while, it's running right now and I may not be sure if it's blood, so I'm like always checking my nose, and I'm afraid someone in front of me is going to say or think that.

Even as a joke, that's sort of creepy, but still funny because I've been thinking that situation may come up.

Edited by MyerShift

I'm susceptible to nosebleeds when it's very dry. Once when I was a kid, I had to go to the hospital because the bleeding wouldn't stop. Just today at work, I had a nosebleed. It hasn't happened there for a long time, but it has been very dry lately, and the heaters seemed to be turned up too.

We do at my dad's house as well. That darn sucker can really heat up the whole house, and it's only located in the front room, lol.

One could practically go about naked and still break a sweat if one let the wood stove get away from them.

Meh, I get them when I have colds and my nose is raw. In some cases, after it starts, I have to cough or whatever, and the blood gets sucked back into my throat.

And of course I have to spit it out. I accidentally did it in public once, and this girl who's an early Kiss and Crue fan loved it... :lol: (...for you metal buffs...)

Yucky!

I would never tilt my head back. Why let that drain into your stomach? I'm sure it would be better to just let it drain out onto the ground. Once, I bled into the toilet. What a wonderful crimson bowl! Like the colour of those stupid red pickled cherries they put in Shirley Temple drinks, or whatever they are.

I don't know if I'll grow out of it, I'm already 20.

I agree... lots of people would "rush" to my aid and tell me to tilt my head back... I'd look at them like they were insane. :blink: