08 CTS Pricing

epertschuk

:unsure:

I have put off buying a new car waiting for this re-design for 2 years. Because I HATE the current interior, my POS rice burn has a better interior.

I have seen probably every photo/video for this car that there is online, one thing no one has talked about yet is 'pricing'

Does anyone know what price this HOT, HOT car will 'nicely equiped' at???

:scratchchin:

PS- This site is VERY informative!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Going by the competition and GM scraping the STS as it is known today, I envision a fully loaded CTS with AWD, DI, and all other options, to retail for close to 50k. The current model tops out at about 43k. Add 2k because it is a new design, 1.9k because that’s what they charge for AWD on SRX and STS, and more for any additonal options. A 2007 335i goes up to about 53k, this leaves plenty of room for the price to increase significantly. I believe with a BLS under the CTS and the demise of the STS, the CTS will be forced to move up market.

Edited by Spike

I would be it would be closer to 45 or 46K, 50K for a CTS is something most buyers won't be able to grasp. Seriuosly and if it will be 50K then the STS is bye-bye. (GONE I MEAN!)

Take a look at the press releases for the new CTS.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=14705

I don't see them giving all of the additions gratis. Keep in mind this is for a loaded CTS. I am willing to bet a very small percentage of cars will be sold with all of this content.

With the STS going away and a new car below the CTS; there is much more pressure for the CTS to move up-market than down.

Take a look at the press releases for the new CTS.

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...showtopic=14705

I don't see them giving all of the additions gratis. Keep in mind this is for a loaded CTS. I am willing to bet a very small percentage of cars will be sold with all of this content.

With the STS going away and a new car below the CTS; there is much more pressure for the CTS to move up-market than down.

Why would you think the STS is going away? Cadillac needs a larger sedan than the CTS....and the DTS isn't it..

Why would you think the STS is going away? Cadillac needs a larger sedan than the CTS....and the DTS isn't it..

I agree they do need one. The DTS and STS are going to be combined into one RWD model. This would be larger than the current STS and priced from about 50-70k.

I agree they do need one. The DTS and STS are going to be combined into one RWD model. This would be larger than the current STS and priced from about 50-70k.

That's just speculation at this point, right? Without a press release from GM, I wouldn't believe it..