GOLF TSI

It's the most on/off engine I've ever encountered, which is ironic when you consider that the whole point of adding a supercharger was to reduce turbo lag and make it feel more urgent.

It's a fine idea, the supercharged and turbocharged engine, but in practice I feel it might be a bit over-complicated for the rigors of real world driving.

This would make more sense with a bigger engine.

Maybe, but the idea is to burn LESS gas, not more.

Propelling a 3100+ lb vehicle to 60 in 7.6 seconds is impressive with a 1.4 liter engine.

Maybe, but the idea is to burn LESS gas, not more.

Propelling a 3100+ lb vehicle to 60 in 7.6 seconds is impressive with a 1.4 liter engine.

It doesn't matter what type of induction or displacement, in order to accelerate you need power and that power comes from burning gas. It may be more frugal on fuel while idling or when cruising but if you step on the accelerator it is going to burn about the same amount of gas as any engine that makes comparable power.

Cool. Not a bad concept... until you have to replace a $1300 turbocharger,

$800 supercharger & $400 clutch in ONE service visit... and labor adds up

to about $1800 on te job. Complication is like a cancer that is spreading in

all new cars. More and more & MORE we buy cars that the wet dream of

Murphey's Law, This car, along with the Prius will litter junkyards in a few

years like Mopar Kias & Hyundais do today.

Lol! You make me laugh 68.

Talking about these complicated cars like the Golf TSi and the Toyota Prius, and then list off "basic" Mopars, then basic and plain Hyundais and Kias. They aren't complicated at all! Just not well thought out- that's why they stop working.

Hehe, just seemed like a diamonds agains graphite sort of comparison. Sure, both have basic similarities, but couldn't be more different in perception and overall assembly.

But, I do understand what you are saying, the manner in which it was said made me chuckle.

Edited by MyerShift