Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Some people have messy cars...

Posted Image

This was the interior of a car involved in a MVC in Yarmouth, Massachusaetts.

The driver stated she was backing out of a parking space when "something" jammed the accelerator. She hit two parked cars, went across the road and into a planter...

What is that, a Focus? OMG, if that's a Focus, that is like deja vu. I once wrote an estimate on a Blue Focus sedan that had rear end damage. The passenger compartment was very nearly as bad as that, but when I opened the trunk to get a look at inner structure for my estimate... that was packed to the top with junk very similar to your picture. So I had to stack her junk in piles around her car. Edited by ocnblu

Wow. That woman needs to consider dumping the contents of that vehicle out into a dumpster. Honestly, how much of that stuff does she need?

Anyway, my gut reaction would be to slam the brakes, followed by yanking the emergency brake, followed by shifting into neutral, in that instinctive order. Once the car is stopped, unjamb pedal.

When I had the Achieva, the accelerator got caught under the floor mat one time. That sort of control loss can scare the crap out of someone long enough to get them into an accident.

I would feel so depressed getting into a car like that... I can't stand clutter. I actually saw a Buick Century parked on a street in my g/f's old neighborhood that looked just as bad. I was stunned walking past it, totally filled except for the driver's seat, and it had about six inches of stuff stacked on the dash too.

heh. I'm mad because my floor mats have dirt on them right now.

but yeah having a stuck gas pedal is dangerous take My Scottsdale project when i was fine tunning it in a parking lot and i left a screw driver on top of the carb and when i gave it half throttle to get some tires spinning to drift on some snow, well the screw driver fell in and stuck it open at about 3/4 Throttle. I was scared. but I power shifted to 5th with OD on and to stall it but it had so much torque i just shut it off. But like Fly said With no engine on no power brakes/Steering. so its kinda risky.

That should result in an automatic loss of license for AT LEAST a year.

My car is messy at times but this is just beyond mess... the interior is

a damn dumpster. I do not find it surprising at all she crahed her car

as a result of a jammed gas pedal... but how about the lack or rear

visibility with all that garbage in the way?