Ugh, school sucks right now

Northstar

Yeah....

This week totally blows, partly because last week we had two snow days that messed up the scheduling somewhat. Last Thursday I had a Calc 2 exam (average was 45; I thought I did good when I left and I end up with a 48?!?), then my crazy ass professor gives us a quiz today, and homework due Thursday that I've been working on for 2 hours and still am not done (and that we didn't learn until yesterday). Oh, and that's just Calc. Physics? Well, since we missed a lecture due to the snow day, we didn't learn any of the stuff for this homework (which is due tonight) until yesterday so I'm stuck doing it tonight, and oh, I have a Physics exam on Thursday. Oh, and then there's Chem. We didn't have discussion last Wed, so we had a take home quiz instead of a normal one on Friday. That's all fine and dandy, but that means it's just like more homework. So, I did that yesterday, as well as online homework that took an hour and a half, and oh joy, I have a Chem exam tomorrow that I haven't had time to study for yet.

And... I have next to no time to study for Physics tomorrow, because after my chem exam is done at 6:45 to go see the first half and halftime of the last basketball game of the year (the NCAA sucks and is taking away our "disrespectful" Native American "mascot" which is really a symbol of pride and tradition) and I want to see the Chief (the "mascot) perform his last dance.

So I guess tonight consists of Physics homework, studying for the Chem exam, maybe study a tad for the Physics exam, and that's about it. How fun.

The snow days seemed to be a good thing last week, but this week I'm realizing they're about the worst thing that could have happened.

You shouldn't be posting! work work work...

I had a snow day from work last week. I played risk with all my roomates. I won so it was a very well spent snowday.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't be on here, but I need a break every now and then so I can stop thinking constantly about math and science.

Northie, you shoulda gone someplace in Cali ;)

Depends where I would have been able to get in I guess. It's hard to beat having one of the top 5 engineering schools in the country right in your back yard (no out-of-state tuition charges).

The snowday actually worked out very well for me. It pushed the due date for my 3D from today until Thursday (today is Monday's schedule), and pushed the due date for my photography class from last Wednesday (the snow day) until today...even though I was done with that project. It did shorted the time we have for the next photography project but that's ok. So itr worked out ok for me, sorry about yours though. Calc must suck.

It's hard to beat having one of the top 5 engineering schools in the country right in your back yard (no out-of-state tuition charges).

Yessir! :AH-HA_wink:

Anyway, good luck getting everything done. I've got a terrible migraine right now.

Edited by NOS2006

Wow, WMJ, that sucks.

I'm not too worried about Chem right now. First, we get a bunch of equations to use so I just have to remember properties and then it's like algebra (plugging stuff in and manipulating) so I think I should be able to do it for the most part. Second, the professor said today the average is usually around 50%, so I don't see any reason why I can't get at least 50%.

I don't know why they make tests so ridiculously hard. It makes you feel like you did poorly even if you did better than average (and the best grade was a 71 on the Calc 2 test - that's not exactly good IMO) and rather than just testing your knowledge, it's all about trying to trick you into something so that even if you know how to do a problem you get it wrong. It's like they want you to fail so that they can feel like they're extra smart. Is that how it is everywhere?

Wow, Northie ... that sounds almost too much to handle, bud. Sure hope you are able to get everything accomplished reasonably well ... do well on your tests ... and have some fun and rest as well....

I was going to find out ... and I didn't ... if my cousin (a U of I engineeering graduate a few years ago) was going to go down to Champaign-Urbana tomorrow (Wednesday) for the basketball game for the Chief's last performance. I have a feeling he will, but don't know. Frankly, I can think of other things that are more "offensive" than Chief Illiniwek.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"The curves around midnight aren't easy to see" ... Rosanne Cash ... 'Runaway Train'

Wow, Northie ... that sounds almost too much to handle, bud. Sure hope you are able to get everything accomplished reasonably well ... do well on your tests ... and have some fun and rest as well....

I was going to find out ... and I didn't ... if my cousin (a U of I engineeering graduate a few years ago) was going to go down to Champaign-Urbana tomorrow (Wednesday) for the basketball game for the Chief's last performance. I have a feeling he will, but don't know. Frankly, I can think of other things that are more "offensive" than Chief Illiniwek.

"The curves around midnight aren't easy to see" ... Rosanne Cash ... 'Runaway Train'

Thanks...

The whole Chief ordeal is so blown out of proportion, and what is really ridiculous is there isn't even an Illiniwek tribe anymore, so I see nothing wrong with it. I'm in the Orange Krush (not sure if you're familiar with it, it's the student section). I get to sit on the floor every game, it's sweet!

The whole Chief ordeal is so blown out of proportion, and what is really ridiculous is there isn't even an Illiniwek tribe anymore, so I see nothing wrong with it. I'm in the Orange Krush (not sure if you're familiar with it, it's the student section). I get to sit on the floor every game, it's sweet!

*grins*

OH, yes, I'm familiar with it :). I wasn't a U of I student, but since my cousin was, I hear about it (and see it on TV) all the time! Sounds like fun, bud!

And, yes, I agree ... definitely blown out of proportion ... and very sad. I mean ... what's next? Pretty soon everything will have to be banned/outlawed because someone finds it offensive...

*rolls eyes*

"What do you mean how could I do this to you?" ... Juice Newton ... 'Old Flame'

School sucks. I can't wait to get out of here. Most college students seem to dread the "real world" after graduation, but I'm all for it. The constant deadline-managing and worrying about assignments never go away! In the real world you go to work, do work, and then come home and relax.

Woo hoo ... congrats, Northie!

How was the game Wednesday night? I saw videos of the Chief's last dance..... Still can't believe what has happened since other things are more offensive ... and are still not protested similarly....

"What are we going to call it then?" ... Michael Martin Murphy ... 'Will It Be Love By Morning?'

Thanks, Cort.

The game was awesome. A good win, and we definitely played well in the second half. I was able to get right on the floor next so I had a clear view of the Chief. Here are my two videos of him:

First part:

Second part:

Note that in the second part he usually does not come back out.

You are welcome :).

Thanks for sharing your videos. Judging from the angle, I suspect I may've seen you on the video on ABC 7 Chicago the other evening ... and didn't even know it ... he he.

It's good that IL won the game, too ... too bad this year wasn't their nearly-undefeated year...he he. THAT was an AWESOME season :).

"I had a momentary temporary lack of self control" ... Ty Herndon ... 'I Want My Goodbye Back'