Avenger Marketing

Well, if its tech-savvy, Dodge needs to point that out more than their lame spots do now. A brief mention of MyGig with zero explanation does nothing to bring this technology to the minds of people.

For the Sebring, it needs...work...just like Mr. T. Lots of it.

Good point...none of their commercials really point out the MyGig system....which I think is a sweet feature. Not too many vehicles offer a an HD to store music and files....something I'd love to have. I'm sure the Nav system is good too.

But like I already said....I didn't care for any of the commercials.

Edited by Dodgefan

When does the Fusion get the new 3.5? It'd be a great car then. it easily has the best interior (except the Accord). Good build quality and soft materials everywhere. It also looks very good if a bit bland.

I still don't think it's hopeless, for the reasons I mentioned above. The Avenger is a car for the tech Savvy and Dodge is working to capitalize on that. It'll carve out a niche for itself. I have yet to sit in one so I can't say what I think of the materials but I like teh design a lot. I also like the exterior alot.

I want one, a black R/T...no rear seat DVD

:D

:lol: at the now rear seat DVD comment.

I think the Fusion gets the 3.5 when the 50.. er I mean Taurus gets it? Perhaps not though.

The problem with carving out a niche in the midsize segment is that, well, you need to appeal to everyone because it's so damn big. If Chrysler had a Chevy and Dodge was the Pontiac, then ok, the Avenger can go for a niche, but the Avenger is supposed to be the Accord/Camry fighter.

Some cool pics of the Avenger:

Posted Image

That one looks decent since the color hides small details, the pic blurs out the rear, and well... the front angle is least offending view. It's still a pretty pathetic looking car.

You saying again? :rolleyes:

I don't mind if it's not padded, as long as the material is not in a shape and of such hardness that it makes it sharp. When I sat in the Avenger, as soon as I touched the armrest without knowing I instantly jerked my arm back up... as if I had touched something hot... it was like a reflex. It seriously felt like something was trying to cut me. Did it? No, but that's what it felt like.

Maybe you should quit making lame excuses such as "oh, it can have a rough and sharp armrest because it has a DVD player!!!11" and "But my MC didn't have padding so this is perfectly fine without padding!" and face that fact that it sucks and quit making yourself look like an idiot for defending Chrysler at all costs, even when it is quite obvious something is made horribly.

*claps* Well said. :P

The Avenger/Sebring are hopeless compared to other midsizers, but they might stand a chance against compacts, IMO. Offer a manual, reduce the price by $1500, and market them as Civic and Corolla competitors.

Agreed. I don't think I could even choose the Avenger or the Sebring over... the G6, Aura, Malibu, Accord, Camry, Fusion/Milan, Altima, Mazda6, Sonata, Jetta, Legacy, or Galant. They are all more appealing than those two. Stylistically, mechanically, materially, etc. The only reason someone could possibly have to buy either is if there's the very small chance that they somehow like the styling or if they refuse to buy anything but Chrysler. Thats about it. Edited by blackviper8891

You saying again? :rolleyes:

I don't mind if it's not padded, as long as the material is not in a shape and of such hardness that it makes it sharp. When I sat in the Avenger, as soon as I touched the armrest without knowing I instantly jerked my arm back up... as if I had touched something hot... it was like a reflex. It seriously felt like something was trying to cut me. Did it? No, but that's what it felt like.

Maybe you should quit making lame excuses such as "oh, it can have a rough and sharp armrest because it has a DVD player!!!11" and "But my MC didn't have padding so this is perfectly fine without padding!" and face that fact that it sucks and quit making yourself look like an idiot for defending Chrysler at all costs, even when it is quite obvious something is made horribly.

:lol:

The only one coming off like an idiot is you, claiming to have been hurt by an armrest!! :lol::stupid:

You were the one ranting about the "hard" armrest, and how there was no padded one available. So I showed you a padded one, and you then call me an idiot. I don't think the Avenger's interior is the best in class, and I know that other manufacturers are spending more money on theirs.....but that doesn't give you the right to lie about the interior options that are available. I'm willing to bet that the "hard" (probably soft, but not padded) armrest is only for the rear seat DVD player, and all the other models that don't have rear DVD, will get the padded armrest. It would be a waste of DCX's money to carry three different armrests for one vehicle.

I don't defend Chrysler "at all costs", but I will defend it from people making asinine comments about things that are not true, simply because they don't like Chrysler.

The only one coming off like an idiot is you, claiming to have been hurt by an armrest!! :lol::stupid:

You were the one ranting about the "hard" armrest, and how there was no padded one available. So I showed you a padded one, and you then call me an idiot. I don't think the Avenger's interior is the best in class, and I know that other manufacturers are spending more money on theirs.....but that doesn't give you the right to lie about the interior options that are available. I'm willing to bet that the "hard" (probably soft, but not padded) armrest is only for the rear seat DVD player, and all the other models that don't have rear DVD, will get the padded armrest. It would be a waste of DCX's money to carry three different armrests for one vehicle.

I don't defend Chrysler "at all costs", but I will defend it from people making asinine comments about things that are not true, simply because they don't like Chrysler.

First, I've noted before that the plastic Chrysler likes to use could give me "plastic-burn", like carpet burn. It's hard, roughly grained and just cheap. And anything with a hard edge, if hit the right way, could hurt. I have a Grand Am with one of the $h!tiest interiors available for 1995, so it's quite easy to judge interiors. Its sad when it has plastics on par with a brand new Chrysler.

Second, Northie didn't say any of that as fact. It was to his knowledge. He even pointed that out to you. A duh. :huh:

Third, you most certainly do defend Chrysler at all costs. You're the biggest Chrysler humper I've seen. Even other Chrysler fans, like DodgeFan, can atleast be realistic about Chrysler's products. The only person making asinine comments is yourself. You can't admit that Chrsyler makes products as bad as they truly are, so you pass all comments about it off as coming from someone who just hates Chrsyler. Talk about being blindly biased.

I hope Dodge keeps advertising this car-its the #1 thing that killed Sebring/Stratus and the first-generation 1995-2000 models. The Avenger I sat in at the Auto Show this weekend was okay, but visibility out of the rear didn't look good.

I think BV covered most of it...

First, I've noted before that the plastic Chrysler likes to use could give me "plastic-burn", like carpet burn. It's hard, roughly grained and just cheap. And anything with a hard edge, if hit the right way, could hurt. I have a Grand Am with one of the $h!tiest interiors available for 1995, so it's quite easy to judge interiors. Its sad when it has plastics on par with a brand new Chrysler.

Second, Northie didn't say any of that as fact. It was to his knowledge. He even pointed that out to you. A duh. :huh:

Third, you most certainly do defend Chrysler at all costs. You're the biggest Chrysler humper I've seen. Even other Chrysler fans, like DodgeFan, can atleast be realistic about Chrysler's products. The only person making asinine comments is yourself. You can't admit that Chrsyler makes products as bad as they truly are, so you pass all comments about it off as coming from someone who just hates Chrsyler. Talk about being blindly biased.

The armrest is hard, sorry that you can't accept that. The model I sat in had cloth and the I4, so for some reason I doubt that it had the DVD player.

And, if you actually go and re-read my posts, I originally said that "If you get leather, than it's covered in fake leather, which is fine" then I saw the picture of an Avenger without leather and without padding on the armrest, so I thought that it must not be available at all. I made a simple mistake, I wasn't trying to "lie" about interior options :rolleyes:

I don't dislike Chrysler at all. I probably have more interest in Chrysler products than any other manufacturer besides GM. That doesn't mean I'm going to give them a free pass when they continuously have the worst interiors in the industry. If Chrysler's products had above-average interiors, they'd probably have quite a few class-leading vehicles.

Avenger/Sebring makes sense in the $15-19K segment because it has the size of a $19-26K midsizer with the quality of a $11-15K subcompact. As it is, you have to be a complete DCX nuthead to spend Accord or Camry money on one, IMO.

I think BV covered most of it...

The armrest is hard, sorry that you can't accept that. The model I sat in had cloth and the I4, so for some reason I doubt that it had the DVD player.

And, if you actually go and re-read my posts, I originally said that "If you get leather, than it's covered in fake leather, which is fine" then I saw the picture of an Avenger without leather and without padding on the armrest, so I thought that it must not be available at all. I made a simple mistake, I wasn't trying to "lie" about interior options :rolleyes:

I don't dislike Chrysler at all. I probably have more interest in Chrysler products than any other manufacturer besides GM. That doesn't mean I'm going to give them a free pass when they continuously have the worst interiors in the industry. If Chrysler's products had above-average interiors, they'd probably have quite a few class-leading vehicles.