Gas tops $3 mark in Calif. Is rest of U.S. next?

Oracle of Delphi

WASHINGTON - Gasoline prices have jumped above $3 a gallon in some parts of California and Hawaii, and may hit that level in other parts of the country when the busy summer driving season approaches.

“It kills me,” said Gloria Nunez, 53, as she filled her Ford Explorer SUV at a San Jose gas station. Nunez, a clerk for a communications company, has started working a couple hours of overtime each week to help soften the blow.

“All of a sudden you kind of have to watch your pennies,” she said.

Analysts say drivers should brace for more increases in the coming weeks. Crude oil, which makes up about half the price of gasoline, is trading above $60 a barrel. Higher demand, refinery maintenance and fears about springtime shortages are also driving up prices, particularly on the West Coast.

Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8533441/

A pattern has developed.

They ramp us up for $ 3 / gallon gas at the beginning of the summer and it tapers back down around Labor Day. :scratchchin:

And some of you itch for a V-8 car? Amazing. I will get one more conventional car and I'm hoping the next time it will be something that gets mega-miles per gallon and/or has an electric plug.

A pattern has developed.

They ramp us up for $ 3 / gallon gas at the beginning of the summer and it tapers back down around Labor Day. :scratchchin:

And some of you itch for a V-8 car? Amazing. I will get one more conventional car and I'm hoping the next time it will be something that gets mega-miles per gallon and/or has an electric plug.

I don't think it's going down this time though...

I expect OPEC to do something stupid...

A pattern has developed.

still waiting for my CTS diesel and Hybrid E85 burning Avalanche

This really effs up things economically, too.

As I will fill up today at about $ 2.85 versus 20 cents less the last time, one then says "KMart" over "Safeway." You start making those trade-offs and traveling less, which is not good for the economy but certainly beneficial for Cheney and friends.

When gas goes up, it changes my "buyer behavior."