Lights of unworkingness

So since December the light for the engine temp gauge in the Intrepid has been out...I think. It's dimmer than teh other lights but there's enough glow that it's still readable at night. A month ago or so part of the tach (the right side) went dim. I've never pulled a gauge cluster part before...is it individual light bulbs or what? I'd like to think they're just blow bulbs...but the strange thing is that sometimes the temp gauge will light up normally...so I dunno. I wanna take it to the dealer tomorrow and have it looked at...I hope it's not that expensive. It's not a major issue since I can read all the gauges fine at night...it's just an annoyance.

The trunk light has never worked for me...I thought it might have been a blown bulb but when I tried replacing it after I bought the car it was to no avail. That must be an electrical issue...another minor annoyance...but I doubt I'll have that looked at tomorrow...it's not a big deal after all...just an inconvenience.

So does anyone know how gauges are lit? And do you think (at least the tach) is just a blown bulb or something...and any idea what it might cost to have it fixed? Thanks!

Man they keep those things glowing by nuclear Waste! so watch out for radiation poisoning. Where did you think they put all that waste? underground? Hahahahahahahahahhahahaaha

But its a electrical problem not a bulb problem also could be a dimmer switch.

Edited by capriceman

At least it's not like the Prizm...the highbeam light doesn't work...or the low fuel light...or any of the HVAC lights...it's rather dark in that car at night. Can you buy the bulbs at a local parts store or is it something that must be special ordered by a dealer or what?