FIRST LOOK: 2008 Buick LaCrosse

Flybrian

It's still got the horrible name, horrible headlights and yawn-inducing interior. I still prefer a Century/Regal to this car. At least those cars have an excuse for their plain interiors, and they actually look better exterior wise. The LaCrosse should've come up with something more impressive right out of the gate.

So, I just checked the 2008 Online Ordering Guide and apparently that "cocoa" color found in the Super pictures is available on the CXL and CXS trims as well.

So, I just checked the 2008 Online Ordering Guide and apparently that "cocoa" color found in the Super pictures is available on the CXL and CXS trims as well.

Thanks. That's good to know. I found out why the 5.3L V8 is rated at 300 instead of 303 hp. The engineers said they had to give up 3 hp in order to get the right exhaust note. But I think by replacing the stock air cleaner with a K&N the engine should regain the 3 ponies with better air flow.

Link: http://www.forbesautos.com/news/autoshows/...uick-super.html

Thanks. That's good to know. I found out why the 5.3L V8 is rated at 300 instead of 303 hp. The engineers said they had to give up 3 hp in order to get the right exhaust note. But I think by replacing the stock air cleaner with a K&N the engine should regain the 3 ponies with better air flow.

Link: http://www.forbesautos.com/news/autoshows/...uick-super.html

Very interesting... I was wondering where those 3hp went. Not that 3hp really matters to this car, but it's nice to know it was sacrificed for something good like a sweet exhaust note.

Very interesting... I was wondering where those 3hp went. Not that 3hp really matters to this car, but it's nice to know it was sacrificed for something good like a sweet exhaust note.

Hey Paolino...

I was checking the 0-60 times of some other cars and found this very interesting site:

http://www.performancecarnews.com/Fastest-...ocess=ShowTable

If you scroll down you'll find the 2008 Buick LaX Super's time of 5.7 seconds. But what really caught my eye is its $29,500 price. I'm wondering if you read the same thing? This is the only site I've seen where the LaX Super's price has been reported. Also, take a look at the the 0-60 times for the Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS, and Pontiac Grand Prix GXP. They're all listed at 6.0 seconds. Is that a mistake, or is the LaX Super really faster?

Edited by jpstax

Hey Paolino...

I was checking the 0-60 times of some other cars and found this very interesting site:

http://www.performancecarnews.com/Fastest-...ocess=ShowTable

If you scroll down you'll find the 2008 Buick LaX Super's time of 5.7 seconds. But what really caught my eye is its $29,500 price. I'm wondering if you read the same thing? This is the only site I've seen where the LaX Super's price has been reported. Also, take a look at the the 0-60 times for the Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS, and Pontiac Grand Prix GXP. They're all listed at 6.0 seconds. Is that a mistake, or is the LaX Super really faster?

I guess it's possible for the Super to be only 29,5. The CXS is about 27, and the Impala SS is about 28.