April 2007: Nissan North America Sales

In all honesty - the new Sentra has moved up a slot. It's bigger and more expensive than the outgoing one (plus last year Nissan was selling the old-gen Sentra at fire-sale prices). When you add the Versa and new Sentra together, you get right about the same volume, which is what I think Nissan expected. I see plenty of the new Sentras around, and agree, they're ugly. I feel the same way for the whole Nissan lineup, but I seem to be in minority around here.

The problem with the new Sentra is even with a 200hp/6-speed powertrain, it's not even half as interesting as the 175hp/5-speed Sentra Spec V of last generation.

Yes. it has no performance appeal to it. the look suggests geeky commuter car. thanks to the borrowed Ion styling.

avant1963 Posted Today, 09:29 AM

In all honesty - the new Sentra has moved up a slot. It's bigger and more expensive than the outgoing one (plus last year Nissan was selling the old-gen Sentra at fire-sale prices). When you add the Versa and new Sentra together, you get right about the same volume, which is what I think Nissan expected. I see plenty of the new Sentras around, and agree, they're ugly. I feel the same way for the whole Nissan lineup, but I seem to be in minority around here.

this is true also. The Sentras biggest flaw is the horrific interior. It's an absolutely miserable car interior in spite of its huge amount of space. It's not driver oriented and its cheap garbage all around. The fabrics might be the worst I've seen. the seats look cheap. The plastics are abysmal and none of the materials play off each other. Ghosn's cost cutting destroyed any appeal this car would have. None of the design is integrated and its got the horrible shifter placement that is less car and more minivan or something. The Versa to many is more appealing and takes enough sales away to doom the Sentra.

Another example of why the Mazda3 is the class of the field. Mazda did a bang up job on the 3.

NASTY

Posted Image

Edited by regfootball

Most compact cars' sales dropped, also. Civic, Corolla, Focus, Cobalt...

I think it looks fine, its like a replacement for the old Infiniti G20. It looks better then the Civic and Corolla inside. When the 2000-06 Sentra was new, it was called 'ugly' too. Then of course, people 'got used to it'. Seems like some expected the 1991 Sentra body to last forever. And if anything, the 1995-99 Sentra was 'geeky' for sure.

Sentras now cost more and Versa, which also isn't boring looking, is taking the 'cheap car' sales. ld Sentras had $2500 rebates, so there is some expectaions of 'where's the deal?' too.

Nissan North America April 2007 Sales

Sentra sales are dropping like a rock. The thing is ugly no matter which angle you view it.

Aside from the Mazda Miata, the Mazda 3, and the Honda S2000 we need to seriously ask the Japanese to stop trying to style cars. I am probably the biggest fan of Japanese cars here but their latest efforts are amazingly ugly.

Chris

Aside from the Mazda Miata, the Mazda 3, and the Honda S2000 we need to seriously ask the Japanese to stop trying to style cars. I am probably the biggest fan of Japanese cars here but their latest efforts are amazingly ugly.

Chris

NO!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

ok, I guess you're right.