Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Transcript of Jill Lajdziak's Speech at the 2005 T

Saturnfans.com

"...A father recently called the Saturn customer service center. His daughter's car had had broken down on the highway – she was alone, away at college and rang her dad for help. So he called us. The Saturn customer service representative spent a few moments soothing the anxious dad, and then began taking the information: name, phone numbers, location, type of Saturn.

The man said, "Her car's not a Saturn; she drives a Honda." The service rep said, "The car's a Honda? Sir, are you aware this is the Saturn customer center?" and the caller said, "Yes, I am. You're the company that cares about people and that's why I called you." So, we picked her up, towed her Honda and got her home safely. There was never a doubt we'd respond in any other way..."

That's a commercial waiting to happen. I hope Saturn's marketing dept contacts this family and puts them, or their story at least, in a commercial.

We used what we learned with the Chevy Malibu and Pontiac G6, which are built off of the same architecture, to make the Aura an even more refined vehicle. In doing so, we made improvements to Aura, which we will play back into the G6 and Malibu.

I wonder when this will happen. Maybe she's referring the 2008 Malibu which is still on Epsilon I.

Yes, that is a commercial waiting to happen, and could be a great way to help launch the new Saturns (namely Aura, Sky, and Outlook). All three compete with a Honda (Accord, S2000, and Pilot) and I'm sure some people will cross shop them.

[post="1596"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Although the SKY is very close in size and purpose to the S2000, the starting prices are worlds apart ($33150 to start S2000 (!) vs "under $25K" for SKY)

I'm sure all 3 Saturns will kick the Hondas in the shins, price-wise. Lets just hope they match or exceed the actual quality. Only time will tell!

But doesnt it kinda show, "Your cars suck but I need a tow, you desperate enough?"

[post="1636"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Perhaps the father had a Saturn and the daughter had a Honda. If you are a father of a daughter with a driivng liscence you will understand.

By the way my youngest (25) if finally going for her driving test next week. My drivers liscence renewal was recently refused becuase of my eye sight. I shouldnever have taken my white gain with me. :) The idea of her driving and me not is freaking me out. 50 years of driving without an accident, and they are kicking me to the curb. I have one last chance at the optometrist.

.....just curious.... Am I the ONLY one that thinks that Jill Lajdziak is about as clueless as can be....? I look at what's happened to Saturn since her reign....and I get the feeling she really has no gut instinct as to what makes a vehicle or company competitive in the marketplace..... The Aura and Sky have serious promise.....but how much was she really involved in the decision to bring those to market? I'm seriously unimpressed with her.... Alas if only Skip was still alive.....

What a great, great marketing opportunity. I'd save this for when Saturn's got its newer cars (Aura, Sky) in the showroom...let consumers know that the company still puts "people first" while initiating a new "first in class" mantra. Only problem is, alot of Honda owners (and other make owners) will start calling Saturn...

Only problem is, alot of Honda owners (and other make owners) will start calling Saturn...

[post="2872"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I tmight actually be cheaper to answer the phone for them, than pay for all those television commercials that no one remebers.

Maybe it WONT be a good Commercial yes its funny that saturn towed a honda but would that just encourage other poeple to call and get a tow be like my toyota is broke down and i need a tow? I bet Saturn has a better servise of towing then any wrecking company. So if you do own a satrun and You do ACTUALY (rare that a saturn needs help) need a tow and you call you dont want to hear a well are 5 tow trucks are towing hondas kias toyotas and nissians(LOL) so it might take awhile to pick you up. i bet you would be pissed. Just a Thought But it would make great advertising material dont get me wrong. Its just kinda funny saturn customer service towing a honda. WHERE WAS HONDAS CUSTOMER SERVICE Also GM vechiles all have roadside assitance my number on my 90' Caprice still works i called and asked what size belt it had cuz i had 5 differtnt sized belts in my trunk and the number wore off the belt and they told me it took a while like 6 minutes but atleast they still have my car on file.

But doesnt it kinda show, "Your cars suck but I need a tow, you desperate enough?"

[post="1636"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uh no. Not so much. Desperate for what? To burn our gas to tow YOUR POS?

Some people forget there are actually companies that CARE about customer service.

I had voicemail the other day from a customer bitching about how long he had to wait in our FREE tech support line. He rambled on for 5 minutes about why we shouldn't treat people that way, blah blah blah and stating he was going to go out and buy a competitor's product. Of course the idiot didn't leave his number LIKE HE WAS ASKED TO DO. He just wanted to whine.

We grabbed the guy's number and called him back the next day. Turns out he wasn't in the market for new equipment. He wanted to know how to hook up a competitor's piece of equipment to a piece of ours. Not in the market for anything new as he implied (lying POS.)

He was shocked we called him back since he was quite aware he hadn't left his number. (Dumbass.)

The point is there ARE many companies that do care about customer service and in our case we often take calls from people who ask us questions about competitor's products because they can't get through to the competitor's tech support line. Go figure. Hopefully they buy our products the next time they buy.

Hopefully the guy's daughter with the Honda will consider Saturn next time.

I've come to learn that many times when people claim the "I'll go to the competitor" line, I chalk it up to seeing them again the following week bitching about why their phone is shut off, when it's "our fault" that they did not pay their last two bills. Lovely.