fiero slave clyinder??? Help

Just picked up a '84 Indy Fiero tonight... guy said it ran and shifted perfect and was reliable. Halfway home I go to stop and take off and can't get it into any gears unless I shut off the car. Let's just say it was a tough slow drive the rest of the way back. Of course the guy won't answer his phone now. Test drive apparently wasn't long enough to find the problem.

Anyway, I'm assuming that would be the slave clyinder??

I just bought the car to put miles on and save the miles on my Avalanche, well, this left a bad taste in my mouth and Fiero is going right up on ebay, whatever it sells for is what it sells for, no reserve. Just thinking that I might try and fix the slave clyinder first.

If anybody's interested, it's located on the MI/IN border. 94k miles, motor runs good. Car does show it's age. I paid $900 for it, would like to get close to that back out of it.

Edited by BuddyP

Meanwhile, somewhere in Brookville, PA, a 17 year old young man hangs a "For Sale" sign in a green Mazda Millenia.

Tempting.... but I'm up to my neck in cars right now.

Here's the guys ebay auction of it from a week ago, there's some pics there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=260120579716

Tires are newer, radio is in it but not hooked up (he must have had an aftermarket unit in there). Has power mirrors, power windows (tinted) and cruise, but mirrors don't really work and cruise isn't working. Don't know if it's just a fuse or not, just got back 3 hrs ago and have yet to look into any of that. Power windows work fine. Has sunroof. Tear in drivers seat, door panels a bit loose, drivers armrest has coating coming off.

Has new plugs, new battery, new cap and rotor, new PVC valve, no cracks in any of the glass. Was a TX car, came into MI 1.5 years ago. Cradle, suspension and underside has minimal surface rust. Cosmetically the exterior and interior are fair. I think it might need motor mounts replaced??

These are pics he had on his ebay auction....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by BuddyP

Technically, it would be my Grand Am... Not to mention that this Fiero would have to atleast be an 88 Formula. :P

Yeah, `88 got the suspension design it was supposed to have from the beginning...it's ashame it was only offered for the last year of the car.

I'd love to own a GT (I prefer the way it looks) but they seem to go for a lot more.

Is it a stick or auto?

I'm guessing stick, put I can't tell by the pic...

I'll give my friend a call..he was looking for something like this...

4 speed manual, that's why the slave cylinder is out. Going to see if anybody has one in stock and might try to do something with it today. Would like to get $1000 out of it with a new slave cylinder, just want to come close to breaking even if possible.

4 speed manual, that's why the slave cylinder is out. Going to see if anybody has one in stock and might try to do something with it today. Would like to get $1000 out of it with a new slave cylinder, just want to come close to breaking even if possible.

ah, that's why..happens when you just drive autos..... :AH-HA_wink:

Let me see what I can find out...I'll pass it around...

Ok, got the slave cylinder replaced along with all 3 new motor/tranny mounts. Painted wheels, cleaned the piss out of the interior and under hood. Got $1200 into it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks quite nice! I actually like those interior colors. You should hang onto it if it's working good now.