Antique Truck Club of America Classic Truck Show, Macungie, PA 6/16/07

Posted Image

http://www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org/f..._Show_Flyer.pdf

Sponsored by the Antique Truck Club of America (ATCA), this show will be held tomorrow (Sat, June 16) at Macungie Park in Macungie, PA (not too far outside of Allentown). One of the highlights of this show is the free tour of the Allentown MACK Truck plant. I last attended this show in 2005 and took the free bus ride over to the plant. It was cool to see how MACK trucks are made, although the plant doesn't operate on the weekends. Of course there's a huge flea market full of truck stuff, and don't forget all the rows and rows and rows of nothing but trucks!

I'll be taking my camera and will post pictures here sometime after I return. Wasn't sure if anyone else knew about this show or had plans to attend. This is one show where I know I will see a ton of classic GMCs. :wub:

ATCA's website: LINK Edited by GMTruckGuy74

It was a beautiful day in the Allentown area (well, that is until right around 4:45 PM when a lightning storm finally gave way through the dark clouds that formed a few hours prior) for a truck show. Just about every truck manufacturer from the beginning of automotive time was there, and it was awesome to be surrounded by nothing but trucks. It's late, it has been a long day, and I don't feel like going through all the pictures I took right now, so I'll post some tomorrow.

However, in the spirit of Father's Day (which at this point I'm approximately 25 minutes into already), I will post this picture:

Posted Image

There is nothing like taking a child to a car, or in this case truck, show. Especially when it's your very own child that has already developed a love for cars and trucks. Justin (22 months old now) so wanted to go with me this morning, how can I as his dad say "No"? He truly enjoyed seeing all of the different kinds of trucks and his favorite seem to be fire trucks. While at the MACK plant tour, a stop in the gift shop soon found him clutching a friction-powered plastic MACK truck. He held onto that truck ALL day and wouldn't let go. He really made my day, and Father's Day, by being there and enjoying something that I love to do. It's official - I have a "car show buddy"!!!