STS-V and XLR-V Pricing!!! - MSRP

jlbunting

I look at those pictures Ven and ask.....who would spend $100k on a vehicle that has less power than a $70k z06 yet not peform as well simply because of a power hard-top?

Stupid GM pricing and executives that allow it.

Nothing more, 'nor less.

[post="25071"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Uhm... DOHC and supercharger enthusiasts that can afford to pay the price of admission to avoid the Chevrolet Dealership experience for an oil change. I seriously think most of them would prefer to have their Cadillac Escalade Platinum & XLR-V serviced by the same dealer.

To me, the XLR is superior to the Corvette in almost every way. That includes the hardtop convertible feature. If I could afford my choice, I'd go for the XLR without a second thought.

Cadillac deserved a version of the Corvette decades ago. It's a shame that it's taken GM this long to cut through the bureaucracy to do it.

This is just my humble opinion of how the Caddys should be priced. Regular XLR should be $72K not $76K. XLR-V should be $92K not $100K. STS-V should be $72K not $77K. SRX should be $37.9K not $39.9K. Or it should offer power passenger seat as standard, plus lumbar for both front seats. CTS should offer power passenger seat and lumbar as standard. CTS-V should be $51K with all options. I don't have any opinion about the DTS as I don't care one way or the other what happens to it. If Cadillac enacts pricing like this they will not have to give any incentives. Edited by b4z

Other than loyalty to the Cadillac mark, there really is no reason to pick the STS-V over the E55/E63 or M5.  I think the STS-V halo vehicle will end up causing more harm than good to Cadillac's image.  No way the mags will have anything postive to say when compared to the M5 or CLS55.

[post="25029"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That's taking it a bit too far toyoguy. The STSv is at least as competitve and offers as much performance as the E55, and it's aimed at a different audience than the M5. Luxury-wise the STS is a nice vehicle, perhaps the interior trimmings aren't as nice or techno as the MB, but for the price you get a nicely designed, "different" stealth Cadillac. The key is it's a different luxury machine than your average BMW or MB, this is a new ultimate Caddy, and will catch on thanks to great performance and looks. My problem with it is it just competes; it doesn't go in and kick the shit out of the rest of the competitors like it should. I can just imagine a performance M45.

Hmm... I look at those pics and see one car I would own and one I wouldn't. XLR. It is gorgeous and an overall better car than the Vette. Just... for alot more. The STS.. Well, atleast it isn't ugly and totally uncompetitive. The styling is just way too watered down (thanks, Bob), inside and out. That and the interior just isn't what it should be or needs to be. A disappointment, to say the least. I'll take a CTS-v, please.

I look at those pictures Ven and ask.....who would spend $100k on a vehicle that has less power than a $70k z06 yet not peform as well simply because of a power hard-top?

Stupid GM pricing and executives that allow it.

Nothing more, 'nor less.

[post="25071"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Then why do people continue to buy Porsches and Ferraris when the Z06 outperforms them? Are they stupid for pricing their cars so high? Maybe GM is stupid for pricing the Corvette so low.

I can't believe the negativity toward these cars.... Both are EXCELLENT cars that ARE competitive with the competition. The V's will just make things better... And people WILL buy them. The XLR hasn't been selling any worse than other high dollar roadsters. Other comments: I'd take a C6 over the XLR anyday or a Z06 over the XLR-V anyday just because it's more my style.

the xlr is great and all and i would take it over the lexus sc any day however compared to the sl the sl wins hands down, and would responding to the person who said that affulent people dont buy gm cars i would have to disagree, i know many affulent people who drive escalades but would agree that not many drive the sadans because the mb and bmw make a wealthier statement