Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Traded Suburban for Park Avenue

So my wife and I headed to the local Buick dealer to see about getting a newer (2001) Century or (2003) Impala. While there the saleperson stated that he had a perfect condition 1996 Park Avenue traded in from an "older" customer. I said I didn't want it, but my wife insisted that we look at it. As it turns out, it not only drove like new, it has less wear and tear than my HHR. It didn't make sense not to buy it.

Check out the pictures of the carpet. It almost looks new! You can see the picks at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsuupr/sets/72157600045197581/

The Park Avenue has the SE pkg, velour interior and base Dynaride suspension.

It has 78,600 miles, and all records included. The previous owner seemed to replace things WAY before needing them. The water pump has been replaced twice because "a noise" was heard. :P

Now I'm pimpin it. 8)

Congrats to you and your purchase!! Enjoy your car. Let let us know more. You got a good car. I wished I had found my Toronado like that and I would not have to do all the things I am doing. I am very happy for you and your purchase. The same thing you experienced is the same thing I did when I bought my Ninety Eight in good condition like you did. You will enjoy your experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too bad of a car you got there. My dad had a 94 (bought in 96 with 30k miles on it) and it lasted to just under 280k miles. It was the car I learned driving off of as well as my bro. My parents liked the park ave of that generation so much they bought a 2nd (92) and my mom drove it for a while and now its been passed to my brother.