Camino goes retro?

Other than the Silverado, it looks like only old and cheap (but interesting) cars will be part of the fleet for a while.

I've decided to get serious about selling off the Hawk, GTO and Maserati. I need to push a bunch of things forward and freeing up money will be required. It is really going to kill me to let the GTO go as I completely love the car, but it will put a little cash in my pocket and reduce my monthly costs a bit as well as insurance.

I would like to put my plan of setting up to paint my own project cars into motion sooner rather than later which entails lots of little and not so little purchases. I'm less patient than I used to be and really want to get on with this.

So look for me to be dragging some older iron into the barn, 68 style, for the next couple of years. I plan to do as many as I can in that time period.

It all dovetails nicely with my goal of living a cash-only existance for at least a while.

There will be a zeta purchase somewhere along the line though. :AH-HA_wink:

I've been holding out long enough and it is making me miserable, so doing something about it can only improve my outlook.

There could be a few newer projects as well along the way if the right opportunities present themselves.

I intend to document all of them for everyone to see, and unless I fall hopelessly in love with one, I'll sell each project soon after completion.

After all, the best part of a project is doing it- not looking at it after it's done.

Same here, dude. I sold my beautiful '96 Riviera and have completely rejected new vehicles until GM builds things that will excite me again. I'm proud that the newest vehicle I now own and drive daily is thirty years old. The pressure's on to restore my '67 Eldorado too; after doing not much but staring at it and the occasional ride around town since picking it up last October, I picked up a parts car through craigslist for $200 and have been ripping it up ever since to stockpile anything I might need for my restoration. I'm excited to finally be underway. There is zero pride in working on a new car because it sucked before you started and it'll suck when you're done. Old cars rule.

Old cars rule.

*nods*

Indeedy they do :).

Good luck, Camino.

I dug a bit "into the past" for my daily driver when my 2000 thingy was totaled in 2003 ... and, despite others' comments, I have yet to regret a day of it.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I need to get away from this place" ... Smashmouth ... 'All Star'

I've got my eye ona few old cars right

now.... but I need to get a new place

before I buy ANYTHING else.

The current top 3 picks are:

- 1969 Eldorado: $2000

- 1952 Pontiac Hardtop: :wub:http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/car/378139443.html

-1947 Ford pickup: $2500

It's nice to dream. :P

Don;t worry Camino, as soon as you sell it the guy who blew you off

and never showed up three times in a row will call you and say:

"but I would have payed you $2K more!!!!"