A Big, Heaping wad of BS

This is supposedly from a "Daimler Chrysler Certified Service Manager" in regards to the 2.7L...read and enjoy. Whether this guy is for real or just as @$$hole is beyond me...but it's still pretty infuriating to read.

Originally Posted by certified mgr

As A Daimler Chrysler Certified Service Manager With 28 Years Experience On Chrysler/dodge/plymouth Vehicles At 4 Different Dealerships From Montana To Florida I Can Sum Up The So Called Sludge Problem With All Engines I Have Seen Including 2.7, 4.7, 3.9, 5.9, 5.2, 3.7 225 Slant Six, 2.2, 2.5, 3.0, 2.6, 2.4 Etc. As Far Back As The Mid Seventies In One Statement. Lack Of Proper Maintenance! Oil Changes At Regular Intervals For A Starter Is The Biggest Cause Of Sludge Build Up In Motors. In Every Case I Have Been Involved With That A Engine Failed During Or After The Powertrain Warranty Period The Current Owner Was Not Able To Come Up With Any Legal Documents Confirming His Claim Of "i Change Or Have The Oil Changed Every 3000 Miles". I Have Seen Many Attempts To Produce Bogus Or Fraudulent Records From Independent Shops Until The The Shop Owner Or Manager Is Advised He Or She May Have To Go To Court. In Most Cases The Victim Of Oil Sludging Is The Second Owner Who Purchased The Vehicle From A Used Car Lot, Auction Or Private Owner And Have No Knowledge Of The Previous Owners Maintenance Habits. You Can Blame The Problem On Everything From The Manufacturer To The Engineers That Designed The Engines To The Brand Of Oil Used. But It All Boils Down To Regular Oil Changes. Every Owner I Have Interviewed That Can Produce Documents Or Has Records In Our Computers Confirming Regular Oil Changes And Some Have Milages In Excess Of 100,000 Miles And A Variety Of All Engines Do Not Have And Have Never Had A Sludge Problem. I Myself And My Family Have Had More Chrysler/dodge Vehicles Than I Can Possibly Remember But I Can Not Remember A Single Incident Of Any Sludged Motor Problem.

I Find It Amusing The Statement " I Shut The Engine Off As Soon As I Lost Oil Pressure". Anybody With Any Mechanical Knowledge Knows The Damage To This Engine, From The Pictures, Had Been Occurring Long Before He Shut The Engine Off. I Am Tired Of Hearing The Whining And Crying Over Sludged Motors From Owners. Either Admit Your Poor Maintenance Habits Or That You Got Stuck With A Vehicle That Somebody Else Sludged Up And Fix It Or Sell It To Somebody Else And Stick Them With The Problem. Like I Always Say Pay Me Now Or Pay Me Later!

What about the fact Chrysler conveniently "added" an extra quart of oil capacity in 2000ish after subtracting it during the development of the engine to "cut maintenance costs"? What about the fact the oil pump is ridiculously undersized? What about the fact the oil passages are pencil thin?

Sounds like typical service manager BS about how everything is the customers fault even though Chrysler is about as innocent as a nun doing push ups in a cucumber field.

Someone find this guys address so I can $h! in a box and mail it to him.

Lets all $h! in a bx and send it to him!

Don't forget that the water pump is inside the damn engine!