2009 Hummer H2 HD PU

Lets get the Hummer thread going. Since I just found out PM elluded to the program with a simple drawing here is what they are refering to. The programs is the 2009 GMT-913.

Here it is. The "current" SUT cab on the 900 2500 frame using a "stock" GMT 900 bed. No major styling changes to the current design. I am told with little modification the cab will bolt to the 900 frame. This will be an added product to the current Hummer portfolio. This will be a quad cab pick up. PM has it a little wrong but you get the idea from the Jim Dunn rendering. It appears Hummer is going into the premium PU market. I elluded to this program before the boards collapsed but I see PM posted a hint and I will give some details. PM's drawing does not reflect the 900 box.

I did hear that the program might not make it to production but I believe that decision is still up in the air. Projected volume is about 12,000 priced upward of $50k. For now here it is.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive...ts/1747702.html Edited by evok

i think its nice, but it needs to have better proportions, the usefulness may be there, but it needs to be more practical, too long to be mass produced i think, need a regular truck bed and a smaller cab or a smaller bed, its up to personal taste but i think that a smaller cab would be better with an h2 truck

I think now that everyone's starting to worry about gas prices, this program will be dropped. Also, I would guess that the next H2 will probably have significant improvements to fuel efficiency and possibly make full time 4WD an option. They'll need to do this to keep the H2 alive. I remember reading that GM is going to put a diesel in the H2 and possibly the H3 but I think the hybrid technology will trickle down to the brand as well.