The penant race is on!

Baseball is in the last quarter of the season and it is shaping up to be a very close race to the post season with 18 teams being within seven games of their division lead.

I'm a rabid Mets fan and am hoping to see my team make the playoffs for the second year in a row.

Here are my pridictions for the end of the regular season

AL Divsions-

East - Boston

Central - Detroit

West - Angels

Wild card - Seattle

NL Divisions-

East - Mets

Central - Milwaukee

West - Diamond Backs

Wild Card - Phillies

That's what I think the post season will look like but a lot can happen in these last 5 weeks of the season.

The Central and Wild Card will be the only real races in the AL, even then Detroit and Seattle will probably get in. Probably the same case in the NL where the Mets have a decent lead and the D-backs look much better than the rest of the West, though I think the Padres have the best chance at the WC. That leaves the clusterf@#k called the NL Central. I'm a Cubs fan and am thrilled to see them in first place, especially since they got their with Soriano hurt. The Brewers have a good team, and maybe the MVP in Prince Fielder, but they left Automatic L Chris Capuano in the rotation too long and nobody knows how Sheets will pitch when he comes back. The Cards, well I just hope they dont pull it off. It'll be a fun September to watch.

Anyone but the Mets and Yankees. I can't stand the Mets or the Yankees. Last month I took a trip to Milwaukee to watch the Brewers play the Mets. What a nightmare. The Brewers lost to the Mets both games, and both games we all sat next to a bunch of Mets fans. This group of fans were the rudest I had ever met. Brewers fan have always been friendly. Anyway, I hope the Brewer's will make it, but they are such a streaky team and lately they haven't been doing so hot. I wouldn't mind seeing Seattle in there either.

K.C.,

You cut me to the quick sir. Though at least I agree with you about the Yankees. They are like the evil emprise with their enormous payroll just trying to buy championships.

It'll be a fun September to watch.

Heh ... yes, and a bit nerve-wracking as well. It's only late August ... and it's tough to watch sometimes ... especially when "scoreboard watching" at the same time... he he.

Cubs and Giants tied at 2 ... going into the top of the 9th right now on that infamous Chicago TV station. Heh ... I stopped listening last night "too early" ... Cubs rallied in the 9th last night....

Milwaukee has already LOST today.

St Louis has already WON today.

Mmmmm mmm mmmm ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I think it's time to give this game a ride" ... John Fogerty ... 'Centerfield'

The Cards don't seem too strong this year. It's not over yet, so we'll see. The Brew Crew has always been a streaky team. They are going on one of their good streaks and stay there. They seem to have imploded lately. I used to like the Cubs, but they have become whiney over the last few years. I've totally lost respect for that team.

Intrigue, no offense if I stepped on your team. I respect all ball players, but some fans you just have bad luck with.

• 3 weeks later...

K.C.,

You cut me to the quick sir. Though at least I agree with you about the Yankees. They are like the evil emprise with their enormous payroll just trying to buy championships.

Yea sure and when they win you say "they bought the championship" and when they lose its "You can't buy the championship"

Worst argument ever.

Gotta love the inexplicable that is baseball.

My, how things change so quickly. :smilewide: