I need help

okay so most of you know about my monte's sad death... if not then dont worry about the details... its totalled

anyway... so after looking around and checking out cars... im pretty much in love with the CTS... ive found a bunch of 04-05 models within my price range with reasonable to really good mileage and even have a hold deposit on one particular 2004 Red 3.6L with a black interior...

now heres the problem... my parents have decided that maybe 20,000 isnt good enough... and maybe i should think about financing 10-12k with a 15k down payment... therby expanding my price-range to 27k... they also brought up the possibility of me leasing a car... which is over the top tempting due to the multiple gorgeous 2008 CTSs that ive seen while looking at 04s and 05s... but anyway... if i did go this route i would in fact be able to pay all of the bills... but the issue is that im not sure im comfortable putting myself out there like that because if worst comes to worst i may wind up having to dip into college savings a bit... but... theres an absolutely beautiful 2007 model not far from me thats a program car... which if given an opportunity to i would take in a second... so i dont know what to do... advice?

well if i did the lease i wouldnt be putting 15,000 down... thats only if im gunna buy the car and then finance the rest of the price

Certified Pre-Owned CTS, if you are happy with the red/black 04 then GO FOR IT....

Do NOT spend more money just to spend more money, that's retarded!

Agree, put a big down payment on a purchase, not on a lease. If you lease, save a good chunk of the money and use it for college, or whatever bills that need paid off. Get what you want man, you gotta live with that car for the next few years. It's a huge decision.

Certified Pre-Owned CTS, if you are happy with the red/black 04 then GO FOR IT....

Do NOT spend more money just to spend more money, that's retarded!

thats what i told my parents... im starting to make headway tho... they're finally realizing i have a point... haha

if it all works out then on monday i should be making a post about my new 2004 3.6L Red CTS... complete with pictures... but we'll see where it goes from here

Edited by 04monteintimidator

oldsmoboi... i'd completely agree with you if insurance wasnt an issue... but it kinda is... 19 year old + Camaro + already totalled one car = raped on insurance rates

Edited by 04monteintimidator