Been busy

Camino LS6

... with a new project. I decided that I couldn't stand bumping into stuff, tripping over things and sqeezing past things in the lower part of the barn. So, my helper and I have been re-organizing the layout of the barn all week. All of the landscape/construction/woodworking and other non-car items are all moving upstairs to the space vacated by the Hawk, Maserati and GTO. I can't wait to get this done so that the entire downstairs will be dedicated to my car projects.

I'm trying to get the layout right so that I can build a "retractable" paint booth, make room for a lift, install better lighting and outlets, build an enclosure for the compressor, and have my heaters installed. With 5 vehicles currently in the space, I can only do so much right now, but I have already gained a huge amount of floor space. I'll post some pics when I get phase one completed.

Cant wait to see it! sounds awesome!... i wish i had a real space to work..... my shed is packed with my dirtbikes, quad and a whole bunch of landscaping stuff... no garage.... for no my toolbox is in my room, which isnt convienient..... someday ill have a garage...hopefully... ^_^ good luck with all that!

Who's your helper, ocnblu? :P

:blink:

No, I have a laborer who has worked with me in the landscaping business for the last few years. He will be helping me with the car projects as well. What makes you think that Ocn would be driving down from Lancaster County to build tool racks and shelving? I would welcome his input on the auto body front, though!

:blink:

No, I have a laborer who has worked with me in the landscaping business for the last few years. He will be helping me with the car projects as well. What makes you think that Ocn would be driving down from Lancaster County to build tool racks and shelving? I would welcome his input on the auto body front, though!

Well he only lives an hour away. I know how he likes to belabor a point so I thought he would be a great candidate to be your laborer. Plus he has that pop-up tent thing in the back of his truck, so his sleeping cost would be little to none. When he starts to smell on Sunday you could hose him down and send him on his way, back to Lancaster. Perfect setup I would say. :yes:

I have to drag by butt to Yankee land myself tonight, a friend is having a party in Oreland, PA for me, so I get to have the very senic ride of 95 N to the Blue route North to the PA turnpike east. God I hate South Eastern PA! Jesus I'm starting to sound like you! :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I just finished putting in a new toe-tapper bathtub stopper, bathtub faucet handles, and a toilet handle. Who wants to hose me down?

Good luck with your barn project, Camino.

Borger, so... I belabor points? Perhaps, yes, but all of us have our hot buttons. I like to think I have at least a partially open mind. :AH-HA_wink:

I am so very jealous of your set up there Camino...

My parents are moving soon and my cars will stay with them since I'm still in college. We have horses, so we'll have land and a barn. I tried in vain for a long time to convince them that we should scrap the plans for a garage and just build another very narly 'Days of Thunder' style barn. (Complete with old rat rod motor works sign and all)

My ultimate idea though is to someday build an old style (50s or 60s) service station replica complete with non functional gas pumps and all to use as a garage.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I am so very jealous of your set up there Camino...

My parents are moving soon and my cars will stay with them since I'm still in college. We have horses, so we'll have land and a barn. I tried in vain for a long time to convince them that we should scrap the plans for a garage and just build another very narly 'Days of Thunder' style barn. (Complete with old rat rod motor works sign and all)

My ultimate idea though is to someday build an old style (50s or 60s) service station replica complete with non functional gas pumps and all to use as a garage.

Cool idea!

As for the barn, I have to restrain myself from going too far with improvements as I don't own it.

But I can't let all of that space go to waste. :AH-HA_wink:

Well, so much for my grand plans.

Phase 1 of the barn re-organization is all but complete, however phase 2 may never happen now.

I may have to move. :banghead:

The arrangement that provides this place to me is becoming an anchor around my neck and I'm not so sure I can tolerate it much longer.

I hate moving.