New Tag Line

FloydHendershot

Is the "Power to Surprise" slogan for Hyunda/Kia the best choice for an Asian based car manufacturer. Almost as bad as when GM ran the Superbowl commercial with the laid off robot, but I know, I know, its not nice to call attention to these matters. Pearl Harbor was considerably well befre my time, but that was the first thing I thought of..Not that I harbor or condone racism/prejudice just curious for some thoughts. I think they caould have done better. :smilewide:

**If this should be moved to a more appropriate location please do so.

Edited by FloydHendershot

Is the "Power to Surprise" slogan for Hyunda/Kia the best choice for an Asian based car manufacturer. Almost as bad as when GM ran the Superbowl commercial with the laid off robot, but I know, I know, its not nice to call attention to these matters. Pearl Harbor was considerably well befre my time, but that was the first thing I thought of..Not that I harbor or condone racism/prejudice just curious for some thoughts. I think they caould have done better. :smilewide:

**If this should be moved to a more appropriate location please do so.

Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Imperial Japanese Navy, not the whole of Asia, and certainly not South Korea...

Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Imperial Japanese Navy, not the whole of Asia, and certainly not South Korea...

Lighten up fella. If you read what I wrote it is clear what I am saying. I don't need a geography lesson much less a history lesson from you. I simply do not think it is the best choice for a tagline. Now, do you have anything relevant to add that I or most people do not already know? :AH-HA_wink:

also... many people are familiar with the robots... i.e.

durring the 80's they switched to completely automated manufacturing...

and durring that time, was GM's worst reliablity... according to my dad, only 1 of 10 Buicks would actually start after they were assembled, had to be rebuilt from day one...

Lighten up fella. If you read what I wrote it is clear what I am saying. I don't need a geography lesson much less a history lesson from you. I simply do not think it is the best choice for a tagline. Now, do you have anything relevant to add that I or most people do not already know? :AH-HA_wink:

Rude...

I had friend who's 3rd grade teacher told him China attacked pearl habor! :lol:

For the record, Hyundai's tagline is "Drive your way"

Kia's tagline is crappy is pretty crappy, but there $5.00 advertisements are even worse.

Rude...

Kia's tagline is crappy is pretty crappy, but there $5.00 advertisements are even worse.

whats worse then that...

my sister signed up to help with last US census... counting people right? well they have to go door to door...

so her first day on the job, the manager asks everyone loud and bold... "DOES ANYONE SPEEK ASIAN HERE?"

ohh we... that was well received

Rude...

I almost feel dumber afte reading this. So you had a friend, good for you. Maybe your friend is retarded too. Note the "too". You think that was rude you have no idea. Don't critiique or comment on matters that you can't back up. And especially when the "record" you quote is plain old not right.

Too bad you took offence to something tat clearly had nothing to do with you, :AH-HA_wink:

http://www.kia.com/info.php

I almost feel dumber afte reading this. So you had a friend, good for you. Maybe your friend is retarded too. Note the "too". You think that was rude you have no idea. Don't critiique or comment on matters that you can't back up. And especially when the "record" you quote is plain old not right.

Too bad you took offence to something tat clearly had nothing to do with you, :AH-HA_wink:

http://www.kia.com/info.php

I didn't take offense to anything.

Actually the "record" part is quite right. In your first post you said, "Is the "Power to Surprise" slogan for Hyunda/Kia..."

Hyundai's isn't the same slogan, as I was simply pointing out. Kia is the only one with "The Power to Surprise" slogan.

http://www.hyundai-motor.com/

Speaking of retarded have you considered spell check?

Edited by Dodgefan

I can read fine. You doubted that the tagline was "the best choice for an Asian based car manufacturer" and then alluded to Pearl Harbor. Do you have any more rude and offensive comments to make? :AH-HA_wink:

Do you have any more rude and offensive comments to make?

Its a damn shame you consider that offensive. Everyone has to watch what they say because the morality police are in force. What a crock. You should not take yourself too seriously, life is too short. :AH-HA_wink:

With all this faffy politicaly correctl BS that pervades this country guaranteed the next generations turn into the biggest bunch of pu$$ie$--I think it may have already begun. :lol:

I'm sorry but how could anyone associate Pearl Harbour with Korea?!? Wow, just wow.

How could anyone associate Kia with a quality automobile? :lol:

How many people know Kia is Korean? hence why i stated ASIAN. :AH-HA_wink: But it is o.k. because they consider domestic cars "so-called American" and I know there is no shortage of people ready to defend that accusation.

How many people in this country can't find themselves on a map?

Plus I really hate their television commericials in the off chance I am unfortunate enough to see one.