Excerts from the owner's manual!

capriceman

Today, I was stuck in traffic, like the kind where you can shut your car off, I think there was a person killed in an accident. Thats not the point though. I was bored so I started to read the Owners Manual and I found this Quote " If steam or smoke is coming out of your hood DO NOT touch any thing because it could cause injury or severe burns". No shit Scherlock. Also that "Do not install any Electronic Devices as they may cause your Chevrolet to malfunction and cause a acciedent which can result in injury and or Death." Listen Ricers that aftermarket light bulb can cause your car to malfunction!! Do you find anything that is so retarted or funny in your owners manual? Edited by capriceman

How about this gem, from my father's long-gone 1990 Lumina: "Your new Chevrolet does not have a 'break in procedure'. However, to ensure that the engine breaks in properly, follow this procedure."

they are a kick so times to read when your bored. "If your lugnuts are not proplerly touqed to 80 ft/lbs the wheel may fall of causeing your Chevrolet to have lost of control which could lead to an accident resulting in injury and or death". gotta love um. I feel sorry for the person that typed them. "Highway hipnosis is where you are dazed, lose concentration on driving, or fall asleep at the wheel, (where it gets good) Whatever" They can use whatever in a owners manual?

Or "If Your on Ice and spining please try to come to a complete stop before continuing." I bet while your spining down the street and bouncing of cars is a great time to read the owners manual for how to stop on ice.

Besides the funny, quintessential 'Parking over dry leaves can cause a fire' and 'If you notice smoke or steam eminating from the engine compartment, stop the car immediately in a safe location' present in every GM owners manual, nothing that funny. I suppose Olds Aurora drivers have a little more roading experience than - say - an owner of a 2005 Toyota Corolla as exemplified by these excerpts...

Fuel Filler Cap Operation (with diagram)
2. To remove the fuel tank cap, turn the cap counterclockwise by 90 degrees (to the pressure point 1), and then turn it an additional 30 degrees (to point 2). Pause slightly before removing it.
If you hear a slight swoosh when cap is opened, do not worry; this is usual.

Electric Moon Roof Operation
Never sit on top of the vehicle around the roof opening.

Vanity Mirror Operation
To use the covered vanity mirror, open the cover.

Avoid driving over high, sharp-edged objects...

Washing and Waxing your Toyota
Do not use organic substances (gasoline, kerosene, benzine, or acidic solvents) to wash your Toyota. They may be toxic or cause damage.

CAUTION
Be especially careful to prevent erroneous pedal opration!

Friends don't let friends engage in erroneous pedal operation