Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Yellowstone! (56k warning)

PurdueGuy

Finally made it to Yellowstone this past weekend when my parents came out to visit. I should go more often - the west entrance is only 2 hours away.

Picasa photo page link - LOTS more photos than shown below

Some highlights:

DAY 1:

First buffalo sighting:

Posted Image

First hot spring we came to:

Posted Image

Beautiful blue pool:

Posted Image

Bubblin' mud:

Posted Image

Old faithful (not spewing) to the right, and all the other towers of steam rising from the same little valley.

Posted Image

DAY 2:

It snowed overnight, and was supposed to snow during the day, but we decided to risk it, which turned out great.

Nice scene just after the waterfall:

Posted Image

Nice path back to another set of hot springs:

Posted Image

One of many elk herds we saw (back in the trees):

Posted Image

Herd of buffalo just off the road:

Posted Image

Another waterfall & nice scene:

Posted Image

Herd of buffalo:

(btw, those black dots in the back & a little to the right... more buffalo. Probably that many more not in the picture off to the left. Probably at least 200 buffalo in this little valley alone)

Posted Image

Big ol' elk, just laying along side the road in a warm thermal area:

(we could see at least 14 points)

Posted Image

Oh yeah, and we left Yellowstone through the south exit, which takes you through the Grand Teton National Park. :)

(this one came out a little dark, but still looks cool):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the great pics!

I've camped out in most of the major national parks, but Yellowstone isn't one of them. Since the wife believes that camping is staying at a small Hilton, I'll never get out there.

Now if we could only hook up that geo-thermal heat to a generator, but .... it's best we leave nature alone.

AWESOME pics!

I've been to Yellowstone a couple of times ... with Mom, Dad and my sis. Haven't been out there recently, though. I have a few friends in that general area ... so ... someday again I'll get there.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I want to see the world before I die" ... Dan Seals ... 'Big Wheels In The Moonlight'