Interesting observations in Oshawa

!!!TED!!!

I traveled to Oshawa, Ontario yesterday with Polish Kris. We cruised around the W body facilities and GM Canada Headquarters.

The place is massive. There are overflow lots filled with Impalas and Monte Carlos as far as the eye can see. The trains pull up, and the cars are loaded for shipping.
At one corner, we saw GM employees drive a virtual parade of Impala SS' fresh from the factory, straight to the shipping yard. They floored them pretty good too. :lol:

We spotted some interesting stuff.
There appears to be a running change to the Pontiac Solstice. The split foglights are gone, replaced by turn signal units as seen on the Grand Prix GXP. No big deal as they are shared components. We spotted at least 20 Solstices all over the place, mostly dark green and a few red and dark silver. Sweet cars.

We pulled into an employee parking lot that had any and every 06 Gm you could imagine. We parked beside a blue Zo6 Corvette, got out and spotted several STS's, a DTS, new VUE's, Pursuit coupes, Cobalt SS Supercharged, GP GXP, HHR etc etc etc!

Then, we spotted some really cool stuff. In one storage yard, there appeared to be the original 1999 Chevy Silverado concept truck!
This one:
Posted Image

In the same yard, were several smashed cars, one being a brand new STS (sad).
There were two Chevy Equinox early build mules. They were unpainted (white), with blacked out badges and exposed tailights.

We didnt have a camera, but Kris promised to take some pictures today. I hope he does. All in all, it was a pretty cool trip. No Lucernes unfortunately.

The plant in Oshawa IS AMAZING! A few years ago, for the intro of the new body style Grand Prix, 7 of us from my dealership took a limo up there. We were treated to lunch, had the full tour, and then the pleasure of driving back 7 Grand Prix (some still under wraps). We made quite the sight on the highway (Oshawa is about 4 hours away); people were turning trying to see what the heck these 7 new cars were. It was cool.

Foglamps aren't standard on the Solstice.  You prolly saw some without the fogs.  I haven't seen one yet without them, as all the promo photos show the optional fogs.

[post="28258"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thats what I thought, but all the Soltices had the DRL lamps. A dealer near me just got one in Saturday, and it has the split lamps.

Actually, I was just driving home a few minutes ago, and what do I see? That very same car with a plate. Bought already!? :blink: I was at the lot looking at it merely 3 days ago. ^_^