Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northstar

Anyone here good at programming in C?

7 posts in this topic

I'm in a C programming class and I'm having some difficulty with the new material. Does anyone here know how to program in C well?

I'm a tad rusty with my C, but let me know what you have to do and I'll see if I can help.

People still use C?

I use C# pretty much every day at work. The .NET environment really helps you program. I really don't want to use a normal text editor to program now, just seems archaic.

I would have thought they'd at least start you with C++.

I remember using the famous Kernighan & Richie C book (K&R) to learn C back in the day, almost 20 years ago (1988). I moved on to C++ then Objective-C from there...I've been doing Java professionally for the last 10+ years and have only gone back to C and vi a couple of times since then.

People still use C?

I use C# pretty much every day at work. The .NET environment really helps you program. I really don't want to use a normal text editor to program now, just seems archaic.

I would have thought they'd at least start you with C++.

I think that until someone decides to rewrite every single UNIX-based OS in a different language, there'll still be a need for C.

I think that until someone decides to rewrite every single UNIX-based OS in a different language, there'll still be a need for C.

Bingo...in the UNIX world, C is still the language for system programming...along with shell scripting and Perl. I play around with C once in a while on my UNIX boxes (I've got 2 flavors of Linux and Solaris at home on various machines, plus OS X).. though lately my new favorite language is Ruby.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0