Would you consider a Cobalt....

daves87rs

I'm kinda thinking about it. :scratchchin:

It's an 06 LS Coupe, with 30k on it...

It's quite rough on the outside (I'm detailing it now) with quite a few scratches, dents....a bit rough on the inside, but I'm making it look pretty decent.... :yes:

It's been in an accident-though it was a light one- and inpected by both myself and my dad ( car is in family)

Even though it looks rough on the outside, the Eco is in good shape (almost all highway miles) and the rest underneath is good too.....

and I could probably pick up between 5-7 grand......

Even though it's a coupe (really don't need another one), it would make a good replacement for the wagon, and can be paid off fairly quickly.....

And knowing I'll going to have to put a few more bucks in the wagon soon....

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a bargain, dave. If the mechanicals are good, I'd say go for it.

Yeah, that was my biggest worry-the engine and trans.

The Eco seems to be doing well ( and will get some extra help by joining the Mobil 1 family) I think the highway miles did it good....

And the trans fluid looks good, and shifts fine.

If I do get it though-I'll probably do a complete fluid change a tick or to after 50k miles......

Yeah, that was my biggest worry-the engine and trans.

The Eco seems to be doing well ( and will get some extra help by joining the Mobil 1 family) I think the highway miles did it good....

And the trans fluid looks good, and shifts fine.

If I do get it though-I'll probably do a complete fluid change a tick or to after 50k miles......

Go for a GMPP Extended Warranty if you still can... You never know. It served us well on the Cavalier, when a Headgasket and Power Steering Pump made it pay for itself... Same with a Transmission replacement on the Trans Sport. One major thing and you'll be glad you had it.

Go for a GMPP Extended Warranty if you still can... You never know. It served us well on the Cavalier, when a Headgasket and Power Steering Pump made it pay for itself... Same with a Transmission replacement on the Trans Sport. One major thing and you'll be glad you had it.

I might have to look into that....unlike my cars, this one wasn't babied much...

I have to take it in to get an idea what the value of this thing will be...

I might have to look into that....unlike my cars, this one wasn't babied much...

I have to take it in to get an idea what the value of this thing will be...

We paid ~1200$ for the 6/160K km GMPP for the MAXX last Feb... I believe you can haggle a bit on the price, but I don't remember. You can get the GMPP anytime before 36K Miles.

Yeah, my other Eco has been good to me (still runs like new)

Of course, nothing lasts long here in Michigan..I nailed a nice sized pothole today... :rolleyes:

lmao yeah i think hitting potholes is a daily thing in Michigan. In Michigan an alignment is routine maintenance.