Christmas List for the Cavalier

I'm looking for a few things for the Cavalier to correct some of my frustrations with the car...

First of All I'm looking for a Delco Electronics AM/FM/CD Stereo w/Theftlock that would fit the 1995-1999 Cavalier

Posted Image

to replace the current unit, a Cassette unit:

Posted Image

What would be the best place to get one? Junkyard? Ebay?

I know that if I watch my prices I could get one on Ebay for about 50-70$ USD (46-65$ CDN)

I know the dealer would rape me on the price, but if I went to a junkyard with a screwdriver and found a Cavalier, Malibu, Lumina, Camaro, or Venture with one, what would would you say is a fair price for one?

Also... I think I may get a new rear bumper cover for the car at the same time because of the damage to the corner... how much would you expect to pay for a rear bumper cover off a Dahlia Blue Cavalier on a junkyard given it's not damaged?

I know Dodgefan's had luck with the junkyard in getting cheap parts for his cars, but I'm pretty new to the idea and could use some pointers.

Coming from another J-body owner-don't waste your time trying to put another Delco unit in there....

Some need codes, others never work right after they come out of the car....

It's easier (and cheaper) to just get an aftermarket one.....

I think they still make a few that are almost an exact fit....try a Crutchfield (sp?) catalog...

Back in the day I was able to put a Pontiac Delco unit in my 87 Cavalier, but I'm guessing it was beacuse the cars were so old.... :lol:

But the units in the 94+ Cavs units are just a PITA....

As far as your bumper-I can only wish you good luck. :)

Your shade of blue tends to be quite rare in the 97s...most ended up teal or Green.......

Your best bet is to just find the best one and get it painted....

Though you find get lucky finding one....try jbody.org-people tend to sell all kinds of different stuff on there...

Found this one on EBay for 41$.... It says 60 day warranty, no codes required as Theftlock is deactivated and the unit is fully tested.... Would something like this be a safe idea all things being considered Dave??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Monte-Carlo...sspagenameZWDVW

Found this one on EBay for 41$.... It says 60 day warranty, no codes required as Theftlock is deactivated and the unit is fully tested.... Would something like this be a safe idea all things being considered Dave??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Monte-Carlo...sspagenameZWDVW

Yes, it seems to be old enough.

It is worth a shot. Go for it. :)