1954 Buick Landau Concept

Cool. This is a 1st for me.

The only functional difference between the '54 Landau and a production Buick is that the rearmost section of the roof is a hydraulically-operated convertible. There's no pass-thru to the trunk or anything of a utility nature to it. It's moreso a take-off of '30s Landau bodystyles. Sorry- I just don't see any truck-ish-ness about it. Interesting car all the same. Hey Harley- didja catch the '53/59 Cadillac LeMans in the background?

Balthazar I did not notice that Cadillac LeMans....very good observation. I didn't intend to imply this vehicle was a truck. It just had a certain look about it that reminded me of the EXT but in a different era. The 4-doors, the open rear window, the jaunty, casual, utilitarian rear 'trunk'. I may be stretching it a bit, it was just an initial impression when I saw this car. Obviously it was intended to be a 1954 version of the earlier Landaus. Edited by HarleyEarl

Its very utility looking in this photo, but the top down changes the look and I have no problem seeing "truckishness" at this angle and not knowing the car. Actually all cars from that era were HUGE and very truck like =}:-0. This car is crying for a custom chop job & streach turning it into a six passenger Elimoraro. I was going to say it would look better with the rear quarters seen on that Caddy, but just said change the rear instead.

Cool , I have to have one  ! although Id do the rear panel differently. Its the first SUV.

[post="2184"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually the "First SUV" can be found here:

http://www.carofthecentury.com/buick_had_t...t_suv,_ever.htm

It's a Buick, but not the '54.

Still, I'd like to have either one or both.

Harley ................ You are amazing. I thought I'd seen almost every concept and custom Buick built in that era. That '54 Buick is a real surprise. Keep up the great work. Rich

Harley ................

You are amazing. I thought I'd seen almost every concept and custom Buick built in that era. That '54 Buick is a real surprise. Keep up the great work.

Rich

[post="2397"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

:) well, not sure how amazing, but thank you for that. I was amazed at stumbliing upon this car...had never heard of it. I instantly liked it.