Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Z-06

Photos of Official Unveiling of Cadillac Escalade Hybrid

11 posts in this topic

Guys,

Here are the hands on photographs of official unveiling of the Cadillac Escalade HYBRID, taken by Fly and myself. More exciting comments and some thoughtful hints about the future GM products, and hands on photographs of other products coming on later, PLEASE STAY TUNED.

Our special Thanks to all the GM employees and their Marketing team to give us this opportunity and we hope that we will have these previliges in the future.

Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by smallchevy

Will it really have the "HYBRID" graphics along the side?

No it was there only for the show car.

The other one which was in black on the floor did not have it.

Edited by smallchevy

You guys need to read Edmunds comments on the hybrid Escalade. They really lay into it pretty hard. They say the HYBRID graphic are coming with it.

Here's the link:

EDMUNDS: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid

:hijacked:

What's Edmunds' take?

The Escalade Hybrid is silly, but only marginally more so than, say, a Lexus LS 600h. — Daniel Pund, Senior Editor, Detroit

I prefer the "elevated" look of the normal Escalade, since it doesn't react well to "sportiness", as we've seen in the silly SEMA car. But lowering ride height does improve fuel economy, handling, and ingress/egress, and it's better than having a tacky black plastic lowering kit.

Can the badging be any worse, btw? With its pointy front beak, lowered ride height, and non-black paint, it's all starting to look a bit ridiculous.

Edited by empowah

I guess putting hybrid technology into a Cadillac is GM's way of trying to sell their system as "premium enough" to be incorporated into their luxury brand... that they have enough confidence to put it into their luxury brand... that they're portraying the image of hybrid technology as "high class". I do appreciate GM's logic that putting hybrid technology into larger vehicles will do more good proportionally than the Prius concept... BUT...

So it will get 18mpg instead of 15mpg?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room